14 - [𝙒𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙒𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘼𝙬𝙖𝙮]

𝘈𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭,
Hunter pulled Georgia's arm, the girl halting with a slight glare.

"Georgia, what is up with you? Are you okay?" Hunter frowned, his gold mask glinting despite the worry that he emitted.

Georgia sighed, pulling her arm away before walking away.

"Waiting is wasting away," She glanced back at him, the boy walking after her. "In here, you have to take every chance you get. I missed mine the moment I was born here, being stuck in the palace with no actual way to get higher in the ranks."

She fully turned around, Hunter halting as he saw her golden iris glow through the eye-holes of her mask.

"Don't miss your chance, Golden Guard."

She then walked off, Hunter left confused and slightly hurt, the boy sighing. He walked off to his room, preparing his mission as he brushed off his friend's strange behaviour off. He needed to focus, and he couldn't afford to disappoint the Emperor today.

He prepared for the journey, telling the guards to prepare the air balloon, unaware of the little demon spying on him from the corner. 

Hunter walked into his room, getting a plan together when he perked up. Wasn't Hexide having their palisman adoption day? Maybe they had a palisman or two to spare. He grabbed a new set of gloves, walking out of his room with his mindset on getting the palismen.

He pulled on his brown gloves, frowning as he looked back at Georgia's room door. Shaking his head after he glanced at it for the last time, walking away to carry out his task.

Unbeknownst to him, Georgia jumped out of her window, hopping onto her staff as a white cloak covered her form. The girl flew towards Hunter's air balloon, hiding in the vehicle as she waited for the lift-off.

She stood behind the mast, blocked by a few crates while twiddling her thumbs, her mask off and by her side, on top of a crate. Georgia sighed softly, thinking of her past actions with slight guilt before clutching her arms tight. She liked Hunter, she really did. 

But the Emperor's palace was no place for love. Or emotions.

She had to prove that she was worthy of her father, and being with Hunter wasn't going to make the cut. 

She shut her thoughts up, eyes wide as she heard footsteps boarding the air balloon, Georgia instantly placing her silver mask back on. The silence was heard before Hunter's voice was heard, little butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

"Great job getting the ship ready, Steve," Hunter nodded in approval down at the guard, Steve smiling nervously up at his superior. The golden guard walked further into the vehicle, Steve's voice soon piping up while Hunter raised a brow in curiosity.

"Golden Guard, sir?" 

"Yes?"

"I..." Steve hesitated. "I thought I saw someone on the ship earlier."

Georgia stiffened slightly, seeing Hunter shaking his head in the slightest while his gaze was trained elsewhere, the mask thankfully allowing him to hide his eyes from the scout. 

"Don't worry about it," Hunter dismissed the scout. "Besides, I'm the Golden Guard. They have nothing on me."

Steve nodded slowly before saluting, Hunter nodding with a small smile under the mask. He thought well of Steve considering that he was a fairly good scout, and was quite the enthusiast about the Emperor's Coven.