I just rolled my eyes before going to the counter to give them the shoes back. "We don't have to go watch paranormal activity." Preston said coming up from behind me to give his shoes back. 

Turning I gave him a smile. "It's fine, you don't have to change our plans to make it up for me being a bad bowling player." I said with a laugh. 

He grinned at me. "But I've made you suffer enough."  

"This is your party; you decided what movie we were going to see. I can suffer a little longer." I assured him as we walked out the front door to wait for the others. 

"What if I made it up for you? A delicious chocolate mousse cake from Hearts Coffee Shop, my treat."  

I looked at him in surprise. "And when will this be?" I asked. 

"After the movie, I have a little bit of time after to do something." He said. 

"Deal, but there better be some hot chocolate for me to." I teased making him nod. 

"Let's go! I'm so ready for this movie!" Landon said bursting through the doors. Sasha grinned at me as she looped her arm through mine.  

"Are you ready for this?" She asked as she moved us towards Scott's car. 

"Not really, let the screaming begin." I sighed getting into the car. 

The hot chocolate and chocolate mousse cake better be worth this. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

I was seriously going to kill Scott. I was scared enough as it was watching the movie and he decides to scare me even more. All throughout the movie he would yell boo or something ridiculous causing me to jump and scream. I was relieved when the movie was over and Preston took me to Heart's. He tried not to laugh as I ranted about Scott and different ways I could beat him up, but he just couldn't help himself. Although he was laughing at me, he did give me some good ideas on how to seriously injure him, good werewolf pointers I could use in the near future. 

Like promised he paid for chocolate mousse cake with hot chocolate for my drink. Taking a seat by the window he sat across from me with a cake of his own. 

"Thanks for this," I said after swallowing a bite. 

"It's not a problem," He assured. 

"But it's your birthday, I could have paid-" I don't know why I was insisting, guilt maybe.  

"Dee, seriously I don't mind." He said smiling over at me. 

I nodded, thanking him with a smile. We ate our cake in quiet for a few minutes until I finished the cake. Pushing the plate aside I sat back sighing contently. 

"So I know my present sucked," I started looking up at him. 

His eyes sparkled in amusement as he cut in. "Nonsense! I've been meaning to get a new one." He tried but I shook my head at him. 

"Oh please, it was a gag gift." I said with a little embarrassed laugh. "I honestly had no idea what to get you. I'm not the best shopper around, obviously, so I just went with safe."  

His smile was still intact as I explained. "Dee, I don't mind it. It's the best gift anyone could give me."  

I just shook my head at him. "Let's agree to disagree." I teased lightly. "Any way, I really have been meaning to talk to you alone." I admitted.