Chapter 6

I walked up to Cassandra after dinner. "Hey Cassandra, are you ready for the test in health class tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah, are you ready for the test tomorrow?" Cassandra said. "I still need to study." I said. "Do you want me to study with you?" Cassandra said. "It's up to you. You can study with me if you want to." I said. Cassandra decided to study with me. The next morning at school John met me while I was at my locker. I didn't know he was there until I closed my locker. "Hey." He said. "Hey." I said. "How was your morning so far?" John asked. "Super." I said. "You should really think about taking your hobby of running into the track team. I could sign you up. What do you think?" John asked. "Way to take all the fun out of it." I said. Then I winked at him and walked down the hallway to my health class. Later that day at lunch I sat with my sister. "So Cassandra, how did you think you did?" I asked. "I think I did very well. How do you think you did?" Cassandra said. "I think I did good." I said. After school I walked up to my teammates. "Hey, what's up guys?" I asked. "Not much." George said. "Okay, hey, are you guys coming to youth group tonight?" I asked. "We were thinking about it. Why?" Joe said. "I was just wondering if you guys were coming tonight." I said. Then we all went home. Later that night I went to youth group and when I got there I saw Joe, George, Ryan, and Virginia. "Hey guys, where's John?" I asked. "He got called into work by the police department. A new case came up and he wanted us to let you know that." Ryan said. "Okay, thanks for letting me know." I said. "No problem." Ryan said. We played kickball with some of the other kids that are at youth group. The next morning I walked up to John while he was at his locker. "Hey, you missed all the fun we had at youth group last night." I said. "I know. Something really important came up." John said as he grabbed his science textbook and closed his locker. "Yeah, I know what that's like." I said. Then we walked to our science class. Later that day I was at my locker getting ready to go home and get some homework done and my friend Virginia came up to me. "Hey." Virginia said. Then my head started to hurt because someone was playing some music but it was kinda giving me a little bit of a headache. Virginia turned to John who was playing the music. "Turn it down." Virginia said. John didn't ask why, he just did what Virginia told him to do. "Thanks." Virginia said. John just smiled and walked away. Virginia turned back to me. "Want to go grab a froyo today?" Virginia said. "Maybe next time. Right now, I just need some peace and quiet." I said. Then I closed my locker and walked out. Meanwhile at the cafe in town Joe was hanging out with Ryan and George. The owner had some music playing and he turned up the music. Ryan started to get a headache from the music. "Man, it's loud in here today." George said. "What?" Joe said. "I said it's loud in here today." George said. "What did you say? I can't hear you. The music's too loud." Joe said. George asked the owner to turn the music down but he didn't. "I have to get out of here, this music, it's giving me a headache." Ryan said as he stood up and walked out. At the same time Virginia walked into the cafe. "Is Ryan okay?" Virginia said. "What?" Joe and George said. "I said is Ryan okay?" Virginia said. "What?" Joe and George said. Then Virginia asked the owner to turn the music down and he did. "Now what is wrong with Ryan?" Virginia said. "The music was bugging him." Joe said. "Ariel had the same problem." Virginia said. Meanwhile at north park I was walking on the trail that goes around the lake. North park has a big lake. "Ah, peace and quiet." I said to myself. The next day I was riding my bike to the Zeilinople community park. Ryan might have seen me. I didn't really notice him but he noticed me. "Hey, wait up! Ariel!" Ryan said as he tried to get my attention but failed. He ran up to where my bike was and I was walking around singing battlefield by Jordin Sparks. 🎶Don't try to explain your mind I know what's happening here. One minute it's love and suddenly it's like a battlefield. One word turns into a war. Why is it the smallest things that tear us down? My world's nothing when you're gone. I'm out here without a shield. Can't go back now. Both hands tied behind my back with nothing.🎶 "Ryan, what are you doing here?" I asked when I noticed him. "Sorry, I saw you earlier but you didn't hear me. Wow Ariel, you're an incredible singer." Ryan said. "Thanks. I get that from my mom. I remember her playing her guitar and singing some songs to me when I was really young. It's probably where my love of music came from. Singing songs she used to sing reminds me of her." I said. "It's getting late. We'd better hurry or we're going to be late for school." Ryan said. "Okay, let's go." I said. In science class we watched a documentary about dire wolves. Later that day at lunchtime I was talking to my friends. "Can you guys imagine what it would be like if the dire wolves didn't go extinct?" I asked. "I can't really imagine what it would be like if dire wolves were still around." Joe said. "Yeah, same here." George said. "I think it would be awesome if they were still alive." Ryan said. "Yeah, that would be awesome." John said. "I can imagine what it would be like if they were still around. I don't know why they would go extinct if their weaker cousin, the gray wolf survived. The way I see it is that the dire wolves weren't able to adapt to the warmer temperatures as well as the gray wolves." I said. "That could be one factor that led to the extinction of the dire wolves." George said. "Another factor could be that their food was getting low, because humans around that time hunted for the same animals that the dire wolves ate." Joe said. "Yeah, I guess it was because of the hunting by humans and climent change, among some other factors that led to the extinction of the dire wolves. I think wolves are really cool animals, no matter what type of wolf they are." I said. "Same." John said with George, Ryan, and Joe. Later that day I was doing some homework. We have to write a paper about an ice age animal. We even got to choose which ice age animal we were going to write about. If two of the students choose the same animal those two students could work on the paper together. When my friends and I were walking home after school tyranodrones showed up and started to attack us. We were able to fight them off. "Okay, that was kinda weird." John said. "I know, right?" Joe said. "You guys know that I love being a ranger but having to fight these freaky dinosaur things every few days, not liking that, especially when I have homework." I said. We went back to our houses to get some things and we all went to the cafe in town to do our homework.