Intro

TW: Swearing, starvation, suicidal ideation, needles

"Chara?" Sans called out, staring into the vast white that now surrounded him. They were in the middle of a run, just about to finish off Undyne when everything was covered suddenly in weird blue strings. Well, nearly everything. He was still free. Chara had instructed him to find the source and "dispose of it".

The only problem was that a few moments later the world just... fell away. The strings got tighter and the distinct sound of paper ripping filled the air, and then everything was gone. To say the least, he was a little worried.

"Chara?!" He yelled louder, desperate now. The run wasn't far enough along for him to lose his emotions yet, which made the situation 1,000 times worse. He sighed, trying to get a hold of himself. He reached out to the space they had just been, but found nothing there. How could something just vanish into nothing? Better yet, how could the entire underground?!

"What the hell...?" He muttered, running through the void in an attempt to find another survivor, now panicking.

"CHARA!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Sans screamed, feeling an extensive amount of liquid hate dripping from his eyes. Or at least, that's what he hoped it was. He couldn't afford to break down and cry now.

He tripped over his feet, landing face first onto the floor. A nasty cracking noise filled the air, making him flinch. Oh god that hurt.

Sans pushed himself to his knees and lifted his hand tentatively to his face. It felt that there was a big crack over his right eye, and it felt deep too. Sans pulled his hand away and sighed, trying to breathe properly. This was fine, Chara would come back for him. They always did... right?

Days passed. It could've been weeks, really, but in this new void there was no time. And he hated to admit it, but he began to believe no one was coming for him. He had pulled himself together and kept searching, but there was nothing. No one was left except him. As much as he didnt want to believe it, it was the truth.

Rather than looking anymore, Sans sat on the floor. He was getting weaker. At first he had summoned his blasters to keep him company, but he couldn't anymore. All he could summon were maybe a few bone attacks before tiring himself out. He had no more food on him and he was probably going to die soon. His soul was turning grey too.

"Maybe I should just off myself..." He said to no one in particular. Oh, he had also begun talking to himself just to keep himself sane. But in his humble and honest opinion, he had a point. Maybe stabbing himself with a bone attack would speed up the process. No point starving to death when he could make it quick and clean.

"That won't work and you know it." Sans shot up. That voice wasn't his. Someone was there. Maybe they could help!

Sans turned around, attempting to get to his feet but stumbling. He only just barely caught a glimpse of this new person standing about 10 feet away from him. They were covered in some weird goopy substance and seemed unimpressed.

Sans tried to push himself up, gritting his teeth. He had to meet this person. They could get him out of here! Now wasn't the time to trip over his feet and run out of energy!

"Well well well, what do we have here?" No footsteps were heard, but the voice got closer. Sans forced himself to make eye contact, sucking in a sharp breath. "God, you're pathetic. Well, greetings little killer, I am Nightmare, the God of Negativity. Your despair was so strong I couldn't help but come and see what in the WORLD could cause someone like you to be so scared and sad. You've been a very good source of power for a while, you might as well pay you a visit anyway~"

Sans definitely did not trust that tone. His grin was creeping him out. Nightmare was also floating an entire foot off the ground, which was never usually a good sign.