fourteen

"you look so happy," xiaojun giggled, watching as yangyang walked away from hendery, "it's cute. i'm guessing you dont hate him anymore?"

covering his face with his hands, yangyang shook his head, before shaking his hands with excitement.

"what did he do?!"

"pretty-"

"so he's pretty and you're reacting like this?" xiaojun asked, shocked, "damn, he has an easy job then. tell him i like the pink."

"mm-" yangyang squealed as they walked into their lesson, "i also like the pink-"

-

"hendery? what are you doing in this lesson?" yangyang's teacher asked as hendery walked into the classroom with his head down.

"i was told to join your class."

"okay, quickly sit down."

yangyang tilted his head at the boy who came to sit with him and xiaojun, "what- why are you here?" he whispered with a laugh.

"they started on me," hendery shrugged, "so i requested to leave and here i am."

"dickheads," yangyang huffed, tapping hendery's hand under the table. hendery put his hand out and yangyang held it gently, "you're shaking, kunhang."

"yeah, no shit," hendery laughed nervously, as yangyang held his hand tighter in an attempt to calm him, "it's fine. i'm fine, dont worry."

yangyang pouted, stroking his hand with his thumb, and taking notes with his other. hendery just watched the boy in awe. he didnt study this subject, so he didnt have anything to pay attention to. instead he payed attention to the younger.

xiaojun just smiled. seeing how much they'd improved their friendship made him smile. he looked much happier, and that made him happy.

-

"did they do anything?" yangyang asked as the two sat in hendery's front room. his parents weren't home, so they took this opportunity to hang out somewhere other than the boy's bedroom.

"nothing physical. all verbal."

"shit man," yangyang laughed, taking a cookie from the boy, "we're not even... romantically connected yet.."

"thats a weird way of phrasing that-"

"no but you know what i mean!" the two chuckled, "imagine what they'd do if we were dating."

"i mean, we could always find out," hendery teasingly smirked, before seeing yangyang shake his head quickly, "im kidding im kidding!"

yangyang hated when hendery made him blush, as he didnt want to admit that he was able to. but it didnt matter that he hated it. because hendery already knew.

with a smile, hendery watched as yangyang placed his head his shoulder. he placed his hand in his hair, admiring the boy's natural beauty.

"stop stroking my hair," yangyang warned, placing his hand on the boy's, moving it away, "i'll end up falling asleep."

"that's a good thing," hendery smiled, stroking his hair again, "then you wont have to go home!"

yangyang smiled, sitting up again. he stared at hendery for a moment, before sighing, "what... is this?"

"wh- what?" hendery replied with a chuckle, confused.

yangyang motioned to the two of them with his finger, as hendery made an even more confused face, "oh my god you're so stupid- ...us."

"what is us."

yangyang sighed, laughing at the latter as he tried to avoid the conversation. he could tell he was nervous which made him less nervous, "what are we, kunhang."

"well, what do you want us to be?"

"it isnt a question of want.." yangyang sighed, "its a question of.. what are we right now."

hendery smiled, shrugging and putting his hand on the boy's leg, "stop being so cliché."

the younger pouted, before hendery opened his hand and their hands locked as one. they spent a while on the couch that night. just relaxing with each other. enjoying their company and watching tv.

-

hendery smiled, as yangyang went to put the keys in the lock to enter his house. this was until hendery quickly pushed the keys away, and held the boy's hands down.

he smiled, holding the boy against the wall of his doorway gently, supporting his back with one hand, while holding his wrists with his other.

yangyang couldn't make eye contact, as the slightly taller boy inched his face closer to his, letting go of his hands now. yangyang didnt know where to put his hands, so he just let them fall to his side awkwardly.

"wh- h- hello-" yangyang stammered, as hendery just laughed softly, loving the power he had over him.

"we can be whatever you want, love," hendery spoke, pushing the boy's hair behind his ear, and smiling, "you're pretty in the moonlight."
yangyang looked away, but hendery just held him by his chin, moving his head back gently, "forgotten how to speak?"

"mhm-" yangyang nodded, piercing his lips shut but staring at hendery's lips.

hendery smirked, before leaning forwards and dropping a kiss onto the boy's forehead, not wanting to push the boy, and straight up kiss him.

his lips remained on his head for a moment, before the front door opened and yangyang's mom poked her head around it.

hendery stood up straight faster than ever, bowing quickly. his cheeks were read, as he didnt know what she'd seen. yangyang covered his face, laughing quietly as he peeked over his hand to watch the embarrassed hendery.

"hey boys," the woman chuckled along with yangyang, "sorry if i interrupted anything, i just heard noises outside so i came to check- you can carry on now!"

yangyang burst into laughter as his mom shut the door again. hendery groaned, falling into yangyang's arms. the younger held him up, hugging him tight, "that is so fucking funny, i'm sorry."

"no its not~" the boy whined, standing up straight again. this time, yangyang placed his hands on the latter's shoulder's and smiled sweetly.

"you're cute.." he finally admitted, with a nod, "i'm pretty fond of you."

hendery smiled again, before yangyang turned to open his door, "see you tomorrow.."

"mhm!" hendery smiled wide, watching the boy enter his house before walking back to his car with the biggest grin on his face. he was so very happy. the happiest in a while.