eight

"you're insane-" xiaojun scoffed, laying on yangyang's bed as he got ready for hendery to pick him up from his house, "if you get wasted i swear to god yangyang."

"i'm not gonna drink anything!" he smiled, sorting his collar, before walking over to the bed and laying next to his best friend, "i'll be fine~"

-

yangyang smiled awkwardly, as he walked into the main room of the party, being dragged along by hendery. they were hand in hand, so yangyang felt safe, however he still felt weird hanging out with all of these people.

it was usually just him and hendery. or him and xiaojun. not him, and over twenty other guys.

hendery made eye contact with him, as if to ask, "are you okay?". yangyang was then to reply with a nod, before pulling his sleeves over his hands.

hendery was slightly intoxicated, but yangyang didnt mind. he had been around drunk hendery a few times in the past, and he knew the boy never got too drunk. he drank to feel happy, not to get wasted, then black out at 3am.

he sipped his cola that the older boy had gotten for him, as they reached a free couch... free meaning, only one seat.

hendery didnt hesitate to sit in the free spot, and when yangyang pouted, he patted his lap with a sweet smile. with wide eyes, the younger shrugged, and perched on hendery's lap.

"get comfortable, dont just sit here like you're waiting for a bus," the boy chuckled, holding yangyang's waist, pulling him closer to his chest. when yangyang obeyed and got comfortable, hendery smiled with a nod, "need anything?"

with a shake of his head, yangyang smiled contently, secretly loving the feeling of having hendery's arms around him. he usually didnt like parties, but with this boy with him, he didnt care. he felt safe.

for the next half an hour, he completely zoned out. he'd fall back into hendery's chest a few times.. check his phone every so often.. and turn around to make sure hendery was doing okay, but other than that, he'd just be staring off into the distance.

the music didnt sound like music anymore. just sound. a mere hum. the people hendery was talking to were speaking a whole different language, one that yangyang couldnt understand.

he couldnt feel hendery's hands on his waist anymore, as he'd gotten to used to them being there.

but he was happy.

he felt adrenaline, and liked having attention. he got said attention for being the person to sit on the hendery's lap, ofcourse. but he didnt mind.

hendery would sometimes tighten his grip around his waist, just to let him know he was still there, and a few times, he'd kiss the back of his head gently.

yangyang didnt know if this was just because he was tipsy, and he did this when he was intoxicated, or he just wanted to show affection. either way, he liked it.

"you doing good?" hendery whispered into yangyang's ear, making his whole body shiver. this then made hendery laugh gently, teasing him, "whispering? really?!"

"shut up," yangyang laughed along too, "yeah, i'm doing okay.. i need to use the bathroom though-"

"alright, i'll take you," hendery started, "let me finish my drink quickly.."

yangyang smiled with a nod, watching as hendery finished his drink. when he did, yangyang stood up. hendery gasped, shocked at how quick he did so, grabbing his waist and pulling him back down.

yangyang gasped too at the sudden action, but laughed it off. the older held his waist again, positioning him on his knees, "give me a minute.."

yangyang was confused, so he turned around again to see a flushed hendery. it wasnt until he looked down slightly, he realised what was going on. he chuckled.

"oh kunhang..." he said, trying to hide his blush too. he met eyes with the boy again, but hendery just turned him back around.

"shut up~" hendery whined, taking a moment to sort himself out, "alright, get up then."

yangyang was still shocked, but found it hilarious how hendery was acting about it. the older's hands still remained on yangyang's waist as he guided him to the bathroom.

"aight, go piss," hendery laughed, standing outside the bathroom, leaning up against the wall, "enjoy your pissing"

"you're weird, shut up." yangyang whined from inside the bathroom.

the boy took a moment to himself. away from the loudness of the party. away from the pressure, away from the embarrassment.

"done?" hendery asked, as yangyang opened the door, but didnt get a reply. instead, he just got a tug on his shirt, and a smile, "oh, hello."

yangyang nodded, pulling the boy into the bathroom and locking the door. he sat on the counter, while hendery sat on the closed toilet seat.

"it's quieter in here."

"..mhm..." hendery agreed, with a warm laugh. he stood up, walking over to yangyang and standing inbetween his legs, holding his waist, "yang, i haven't made you uncomfortable, have i?"

with a soft, genuine smile, yangyang shook his head, pushing hendery's hair back, "no, not at all.. i think it's pretty romantic that i managed to, just from sitting on your lap, give you a bo-"

"dont use the b-word, christ," hendery laughed, covering yangyang's mouth with his hand, "you sure you're not uncomfortable?"

"super sure!"

"okay.." hendery nodded slowly, his hands moving down to the boy's thighs, "i'm sorry, about that. i know you said you weren't uncomfortable but like, i'm sorry."

with an eye roll, yangyang shook his head, "it's fine! genuinely! i get it, kunhang, i have a...y'know... too!"

"you can say penis."

"shut up!" yangyang laughed, "it's a funny word alright."

"pfft- okay," hendery smiled, "are you doing good? i know i've asked you many times, but just making sure again."

"i have a little headache," yangyang admitted, "but other than that, i promise you kunhang, i am a-okay."

"need any painkillers?"

"no, but you will tomorrow if you keep taking drinks from strangers."

"they're not strangers! they're ten's friends!"

yangyang raised an eyebrow at the tipsy boy between his legs. he placed his hands in his hair again, and smiled, "name five of them."

"uh- jaehyun!"

"everyone knows jaehyun!" yangyang laughed, "jaehyun makes sure everyone knows him."

agreeing, hendery laughed, "johnny?"

"right, that's two.."

there was a pause, until hendery laughed, admitting defeat, "dude!~ i only know johnny because ten hooked up with him once~"

"oh?"

"yeah, i'm pretty sure they're still hooking up- UNRELATED, he's not a stranger!"

"alright, dumbass," yangyang teased, "well, try not to take more drinks from people alright? they're what, 3 years older than us?"

"mhm.." hendery nodded, "yang, are you mad at me?"

with another soft, genuine, loving smile, yangyang shook his head, "i'm not mad, no. i dont care what you do, you can go and get wasted if you really wanted to."

"i wont-"

"i know you wont," the boy laughed, "the thing is, i'm having a nice night with you, and i want you to remember it as well as i'm gonna."

"oh my god, are you in love with me," hendery giggled, smirking at yangyang who just raised his eyebrow at him, ruffling his hair, "i think you're in love with me."

"alright, believe whatever you wanna believe.."

"i think you're in love with me," hendery giggled with a small hiccup, holding yangyang's hand, "i knew it."

a/n hi double update and massive character development

how are yall