I blew out a heavy breath and groaned.

"Why worry about me so much when she goes off and does this?" I demanded.

Proximo shrugged large shoulders and set his gun down.

"I think she made Artella a lot of credits–"

"If you don't shut the hell up I'm taking that title back and leaving you on the Empress's doorstep. 

He let out a hearty chuckle and ran his eyes over me.

"Strong words for the one barely able to stand."

"I can do plenty more than that." I muttered. But my mind wasn't on our back and forth anymore. It was on the where abouts and status of one Makayla Xavier. Bare knuckle fighting the most poorly trained and vicious scum of the Underworld. Every second had my pulse stopping and restarting at the thought of one miss timed punch–one illegal weapon concealed.

"You're right I can't fucking sit here." I stated, getting to my feet.

"I told you she does not want to be found." He retorted simply.

But it wasn't simple. We weren't simple. None of us were.

"Then maybe I won't go as myself." I added unconcerned. Proximo almost growled in response. It made me smirk.

"Excellent idea. Attend one of the roughest areas of the city without back up–without the Scorpion title and shot through the abdomen."

"Exactly." I nodded. "Simple."

"You're god damn insane. And reckless."

I rolled my eyes and realised he was smiling.

"–Of course that's exactly why I will join you."

I paused my pulling on my boots and regarded him from my wrist.

"You will?"

"Artella is there. He has never seen the faceless maker's technology. I think I'd like to show him." He murmured darkly.

I snorted and pulled a hood carefully over my head. "Do what you want. I just can't sit in this room without her for another damn second."

"I'll pick you up from the landing bay. Don't keep Scorpion waiting..." He added with irony shining in his eyes.

"Get fucked Proximo." I answered, ending the comm.

I took painfully longer than usual to equip the rest of myself with clothing and armour. I didn't bother with weapons outside of my fusion pistols. I wouldn't have the power to drive a blade anywhere–let alone a body. I shook off the thought and headed for the lift.

But I started typing into my comm requesting Crypt security feeds regardless.

My blood beat around my head as I waited for the feeds. Then thick crowds flashed in front of me. I swiped through them, half aware of guards entering the lift around me. I dragged my black hood lower and watched intently. The fighting pit was obscured but the noise wasn't.

Putting on quite a damn show Xavier.

I grit my teeth and dodged guards to leave the lift. I walked the metal bridge towards it without my usual grace and took steady breaths. Proximo did not take long. A falcon jet dropped from the rooftop and I watched it as the thrusters send strands of my hair around my face.

He hopped out of the pilot's cockpit and gave me a dramatic bow.

His trench coat with the red sleeve looked more red...