Why the Cogs Stop

When you're awake, everything is grey and dull. That's life, you tell yourself. Maybe it's hard to keep your eyes open during the day or impossible to sleep through the night. Maybe its both. Maybe you stare at the ceiling-fan night after night, watching the dust spin into the air from the months you've let it sit. It's not your fault. Everything is hard to do when you're tired. And you're always tired. You're always tired and the world is always grey.

But that's life, you say again. You live each day in a mechanical haze like the clockwork behind the pane. You're a tiny cog within the wheel, the piece submerged in the darkness with no hope of escape. At least, this is what you tell yourself. You aren't important. You have nothing to your name. You're alone in a sad, grey world.

As you float in a sea of fear you spot a shimmering light that screams hope. Those brief slips come to you over and over like a lighthouse hailing you in from a devastating storm. You drift closer. And closer. Closer until you're close enough to see that the light isn't hope. It's courage. Strength. Love. Friendship. Trust. Everything you thought you'd never have is within reach, and its been inside you all this time.

Then color happens and it happens fast. Colors paint lines over your eyes like a bridge to the sanity you nearly let slip away. The world as you knew it is gone and this is living. Life is color, and there's no way you can go back into that sad, grey place.

Courage isn't a cog that fits within the clockwork, after all, and neither are you.

💜

#RaiseYourHand
You're never alone.
#BraveTogether