20 / birthday

The sound of the large air conditioner in the hotel window in front of me woke me up. The sun shined against the baby blue walls and the framed painting of a sailboat, brightening the room.

I was glad that it was finally the weekend. Work wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, since Sam spoke no more of Paul or her secret "plan" since my first day--but I still definitely needed a break.

Paul lay beside me, and I felt him place his tired hand on my forearm. I looked over at him; his hazel doe eyes only half-open and his mouth in a small smile.

I hoped that today he could be himself again; since the beginning of the week, he seemed to be acting weird. As in staying out later, and acting overly affectionate some days--then cold and distant on others.

"Good morning, birthday boy," I said quietly before giving him a peck on the lips.

"Good morning, perfect girl," Paul replied in a sexy, sleepy voice. 

I glanced at the clock; it read 8:37. We were to meet John, Ringo, and George at the beach at ten.

"Mm, we should get up," I groaned.

"Yeah," Paul said back after looking at the clock as well.

We both did our yawning and stretching, then got ourselves out of bed. As Paul fixed us a quick breakfast, I went into the bathroom to get cleaned up and get dressed in the new swimsuit he bought me.

I felt a little uncomfortable in the suit, though; for it was rather, well, skimpy. Pink polka dots were scattered all over the top and bottom pieces. The top was only being held together by a couple of thin strings, and the bottom was basically all string besides the back and part of the front. I looked in the mirror and noticed how much of my body was exposed. I knew that it was something my mom would never allow me to wear, and I finally understood why.

Unlocking the bathroom door cautiously, I crossed my arms over my stomach.

Paul noticed me walk out, and he flashed his eyebrows and widened his eyes. I smiled nervously and blushed.

"Well I'll be," Paul muttered, his eyes roaming my body. He set down the bagel he had bitten onto the table, and began to play with his fingers. "That's very cute, Bri. Perhaps a little...too cute."

I gave him an airy laugh. Paul picked up another suit from the couch and tossed it to me. I caught it and examined it. It was a basic two-piece that covered a whole lot more of me, and I sighed in relief.

"I don't want the other lads eyeing ye up," Paul said with a chuckle. I smiled at him, but his own smile began to fade. He stared at me for a moment, then slowly stepped closer to me and gently placed one hand on my neck--while the other gripped my bottom.

"Save this one for tonight, okay?" he whispered into my ear.

I nodded and thought about what Paul said about our floor of the tiny hotel having a jacuzzi. There were only eight rooms in the entire building--Paul, his bandmates and I were taking up four of them. We were told that three were vacant, so we would most likely have the jacuzzi all to ourselves. A small burst of butterflies danced around in my stomach as I thought of what would happen that night.

We gave each other a kiss, but Paul's lips lingered and he pulled away slowly.

I gave him a small smile once our lips finally parted. Paul just stared down at my face for a moment.

"Are you a virgin, Bri?" he finally asked, his eyes fixed on mine.

I simply blushed and looked to my side, still smiling.