MY PRINCE - JEONGCHAN

Start from the beginning

Seungmin took position.

"Ready," said a soldier, "set, go!"

Seungmin started running, and shortly after we were given the warning to be able to block him on they way back. He started running through us but I managed to throw a snowball at him that caught him off guard and he lost his balance.

The game went on like that, me throwing snow balls at peoples faces, Jisung sitting on top of where the flag was supposed to be sow people took longer to win, and Minho trying to scare the living soul out of people and laughing at them if they fell.

 The spirit of competitiveness kept growing in between us, jealous glences and death stares growing in quantity by the minute.

Suddently, I found myself at the start line, my eyes targeting an untouched black flag. I was the last one, it was pressuring, because I already knew that my time had to be lower than Felix's, who was the winner at the moment.

I ran to the top as fast as I could, the wind blowing against me, little, cold, and shiny specks of snow sticking to my already cold face.

The run up was kind of hard. I had ben running after six people before me so I was already a bit tired. I saw all of them together on the way down as well, I didn't realize that being the last also meant that my opponents are far more experienced, so it will be more difficult to overpass them.

Just as I had predicted I fell four times on my way back, and had difficulties sticking the flag where it had to go because of Jisung. 

"Okay," the heir to the throne said, "the winner of the first round was Felix, and the man who got the lowest place, Chan."

His tone of voice, he sounded disappointed, but was he disappointed at me, for not being good enough, or disappointed at the situation, at the fact that I was further away from marrying him. Which one was it?

I got my feet back on land when the future prince spoke up again.

"Okay, next game, you'll have to go down on a sled with a bucket of water, and spill the least amount of water possible."

Again, Seungmin was the first one to go. It was noticeable that this game was far more difficult that the other. Either you didn't spill a single drop or you spilled all of it. Jisung even sled down until he crashed into a tree. Nerves grew inside of me knowing yet again I will be the last, that I will have to have the pressure of knowing how good I have to do to win.

I yell form a soldier after Minho finished alerted all of us.

"Your highness," he yelled, "there's snow in this bucket, he broke the rules."

Minho's eyes widened and he started rambling, eager to explain himself.

"What are you talking about?" he yelled, going right in front of the soldier's face, "I didn't break any rules."

He wasn't so brave, however, when the future prince stepped between them. He immediately took a step back, and advertized his gaze to the ground.

"Tempering with the water is forbidden," Jeongin stated clearly.

"You never said so," Minho talked back, Jeongin looked at him sternly, "your majesty," he was quick to add.

"I thought I didn't have to, since you are all grown men, with a decent brain, or so I supposed," he sighed and looked around, "Lee Minho, you are eliminated."

Minho gasped, trying to ask for forgiveness, while guards took him back to the carriages, in order to take him back to his house. Jeongin looked back at all of us.

"Please, take the consequences for your acts, that scene right there gave me second-hand embarrassment."

Some of the men behind me snickered, happy that there was one man less to fight. I sighed, I was starting to think I didn't have the chance, that it would soon be over. I had fallen for Jeongin over time, I had listened to him, and to everything he had to say. I truly cared about him. Why did I had to go through all this?

Chanbin ended up winning the game, and I ended up spilling water all over myself, God I was freezing to death.

"My dear men," Jeongin said, "the next game will be with swords. You'll be put into pairs by height, so, Hyunjin and Seungmin, Felix and Chan, and Jisung and Changbin."

I smiled internally, anything that had to do swords was my strong point. I knew I couldn't win, at least not immediately, but if I could win the game and get this into a tie, I still had a chance.

There's really not much to comment on how things were going. Hyunjin won to Seungmin, and Changbin won to Jisung. I still had to go through the battle with Felix, but I was only worried about Changbin, he seemed like the only real opponent, when it came to sword battles.

Wining to Felix was rather easy, he might be fast because his tiny and slim, but he's not quick when it comes to handling swords.

"Based on my criteria, the best man at the moment is Changbin, so he will past directly to the final round, Hyunjin and Chan, fight each other, and the winner will still have a chance." Jeongin stated.

We looked at one another, pierce ambition was in his eyes, and immediately knew that that was his weak point. He thought in the future, in his mind he had already won, but he hadn't, and I wouldn't let it happen.

It was lightly more complicated than with Felix, but I ended up beating him.

No one said anything, Changbin simply walked in front of me, smirked, and got into position. He wasn't arrogant, just confident, and I knew that was something I lacked, and precisely my weak point.

I got into position myself, and the battle started, swords clanking around us, and soon enough, in the middle of the cold winter, sweat was trickling down our bodies. My shirt sticked onto my back, and my pants left noticeable clouds of steam in the air. I was catching my breath, when he threw himself on me. I was cought off guard and soon enough the sword was out of my hands. It landed with a metallic sound against the icy snow.

My breath got caught in my throat as Changbin screamed in victory. Before I could assimilate anything Jeongin got up and put his hand in the air asking for silance.

The losers stood all in a line, so I joined them. Jeongin stood in front of Changbin and grabbed his hand, smiling. I felt my heart crack.

"Changbin," he said, "how delightful for you to win. Even though you all fought with all your might I'm afraid I have something to say about the matter gentlemen. All of you care more about winning the others, except one. I never want to love someone who would put winning over me. Sadly Changbin, you're not the man I'm talking about."

He let got of his hand and walked towards us. He looked at Hyunjin, and walked past him, he did the same with Felix, with Jisung, and when I was staring at the ground, ready to taste defeat, he stood right in front of me, and held my hands.

"My dear Chan, you've never deceived me once, not when I asked for help, and certenly not now. I felt loved everytime you fought for me, and I thank you for that. If I may ask, would you like to take my hand in marriage?"

I was too shocked to say anything, so I just nodded, my heart bursting in happiness.

He looked into my eyes and put his cold hands on my cheeks tilting my head up, as he pressed a gentle kiss on my lips.

WORD COUNT: 1965

Author's note: 

I don't know if the person that requested it asked for something like this, but I hope I did okay.

Thanks for reading!

Love you! <3