~15~

Nicole's POV

I was unsure of what to trust, my heart or my brain. Daniel hurt me, but I still care about him. Carson is so sweet to me, but I can't say yes to him.

Ugh.

When did my life get so complicated? I need to figure this out in the next hour and a half, or I'm screwed.

Meet and greets were now over, so the boys went backstage since the concert was starting soon. I followed too, of course, to get some more shots of them. I wanted to talk to Daniel now, but there was no time to have a conversation with him, or so I thought.

While everyone was waiting for the clear to go on stage, Daniel turned to me, making eye contact. I know I've said it before, but man, those blue eyes are so beautiful. They get me every time. He walked up to me, and I was so nervous.

"Hey," he said. "Hi," I said back to him. I wanted to tell him what Carson and I were talking about and opened my mouth. But Daniel put his finger on the lips to stop me.

Daniel's POV

"I know what you are going to tell me, but you don't have to. That Carson dude seems like a great guy, and he is completely in love with you. It's really obvious, actually." I let out a laugh. "Does that hurt me? Hell yes. But I want whatever is best for you. So I say go for it. He didn't hurt you. I did. He could give you a lot more than I could."

This conversation reminded me of that night on the tour bus when I apologized and told her how I felt. The only difference is that she isn't as upset or mad at me. She seems to be interested in what I have to say to her.

I know I said I would try and make Nik mine, but maybe this isn't the right time for us. Who knows, perhaps we will see each other again in the future, and if we are both single, we could try for real.

"Nik, I didn't realize what I had with you was so special, and my feelings for you are the absolute truth. I have never felt this way for anyone, and I mean that. But I understand that us being together won't happen. All I want is for you to still be in my life after this." Randy called my name. Meaning it was showtime.

I decided to lean in and give Nik a kiss on the cheek. Not a romantic one. One that means that I care about you and wish you all the happiness in life. When I pulled away, she had a slight grin on her lips, and it made me smile.

I walked away to start the show. Until she yelled my name.

"Wait, Daniel," she ran up to me. I couldn't believe my eyes. "Yes, Carson asked me out. No, I didn't say yes. But I didn't say no either. Only because I'm so confused with my feelings at the moment. My brain is telling me to choose Carson, but my heart still wants you. If everything you have said is true. Then I forgive you. And if you can somehow prove to me that you will be a great boyfriend by the end of the show tonight before I see Carson, then I will tell him I can't be with him," she told me really fast cause I needed to go on stage.

"Daniel!! Hurry up!" Randy yelled at me. I looked back at Nik, and she nodded, saying it was okay for me to leave. I couldn't believe it. I still might have a chance with her.

*A little time skip*

"You guys always amaze us with how loud you all are. And we want you all to know that we love it so so much," Jonah said to our fans.

"Hey, guys, can I have a word?" I asked them but not in the mic, so the fans couldn't hear. They looked at me all confused but nodded their heads.

"I don't know what's going on, guys. One sec" Zach told the fans. After talking to the guys, they all agreed with me on what I wanted to do.

"Sorry about that guys, Daniel wanted to ask us something," said Jack.

"So we are changing the setlist a little tonight. Daniel begged us to perform this song for you all, but also someone special in the audience," Corbyn said while letting out some laughs. Thanks for spilling that part, man.

I laughed in the mic before I was about to talk. "Besides the fact I begged to perform it. You guys are going to hear a new song that I wrote on tour." I told them, and they all screamed with excitement. "And to answer your questions from what Corbyn just said, yes, it is about a girl I met on tour who is here tonight. And no, I'm not saying who, but she knows who she is."

I looked in the crowd seeing everyone going crazy. My eyes moved to where Nik stands to take our pictures. I can tell by the look on her face that she is shocked. It made me smile. I started to write this song after the conversation with her on the tour bus that night. After realizing my feelings for her, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I showed it to the guys a couple of weeks ago, and they loved it. I hope that Nik does as well.

"Alright, the name might sound cliche, but it's called Love Song," I said.