BIRTH OF PRINCE OF ANGA

Start from the beginning

Like this the days became months and due date arrived. Bheeshma reached Anga with Ghandhari and Dushala few days before. Ashwatthama too came with his mother Kripi to Anga with them. King Vikramaditya has already arrived a week before. They all congratulated the couple. Today was day for the child to be born. All the females were with Avantika in her chamber and Males were waiting outside the chamber. Karna was especially pacing around the door. Ashwatthama, Bheeshma and Vikramaditya were also eagerly waiting.

Many petitioner too came to Anga as they knew they will certainly get a huge alms on day of birth of the prince or princess of Anga. What they all except Karna didn't knew that Pandavas and Kunti too arrived at Anga at this time with other petitioners. Karna jas especially sent his spies to trail them, si he did knew they have arrived Anga today.The city of anga was decorated beautifully at this time. Accomodation were arranged for people who came to Anga. The ashram couldn't meet the demand so people of Anga offered their house's guest room to petitioners. The people of Anga to decided to help the king for donations of alms so each of them asked thier representative to let their King to know about their wish. Karna too didn't declined as he knew it was good will of his people so a huge stage were prepared at the centre of Anga and all items of donations was arranged there for the purpose of donating it. All the people were informed that they can put their desired items to donate there but he told them to moke it a competition to show off. Charity is done to fulfill others need and get their blessings not to show off weaith of person doing it. It still reached the height of 8 feet. Karna knew it wasn't to show off the wealth of people but the people of Anga genuinely presented these with all their heart. He accepted their help.

With Pandavas and Kunti.

The several months after their decision of pretending to be brahman was not easy for them. They all had to beg for alms or do menial labour to earn their living. These moths have been eye opening for them. The saw how badly the common people were treated on aryavart especially women and lower cast. These months of begging has let their arrogance to some what toned down. They roamed to nearby kingdom for alms, stayed in forest or in Ashram of various Brahman. They reached a village not far from Anga and saw it was empty. He asked the last person leaving the village about why they all were leaving at once, did something bad happened in their village. The person has informed them nothing bad has happened. They all were going to Anga as prince of anga was going to born so they all will surely get generous alms there. He told them to come with them as they too were looking like brahman and it seems they too wanted alms. Pandavas and kunti weren't able to deny as that person told them they will not be able get any alms in all nearby villages or town. They came with him to Anga and saw Anga was beautifully decorated and people of anga themselves were welcoming the guest and offering them to stay in their house as All Ashram was full. The people whole heartedly served the guests and asked them to bless their soon to be born prince or princess. They also saw the huge pile of gold coins, jwellery and other valuable stuff in the middle of city. The people of Anga informed them it was all for donating alms. They too took rest in one of citizens house. They get to know everything happening here amd were amazed by love and respect Karna had in heart of his subject especially Bheem. He has always believed that what he saw previous time he came to Anga was farce and now too questioned that whether the people were being forced to give their wealth to Karna for donations. But harsh rebuke he got in return was something he couldn't believe some citizens went as far as to draw their weapons at him even children and women as he questioned Karna. Sahdev ased for forgiveness and told them it wasn't his brother's intention to be rude but genuine curiosity. The people withdrew their weapons and told them they are doing it of free will and never question their King in front them again. The citizen then told them to rest and left them alone 

Inside the palace

Karna was pacing around the door and soon he heard the sound of a baby crying. He became happy. Everyone outside of chamber hugged him and congratulated him. Soon a dasi came out of room. Shee informed them everything is fine and both mother and bay are safe. The baby was a boy and they can come inside to see mother and child. The males present there removed their one jwellery and gifted them to dasi. Then they went inside and saw ladies were surrounding Avantika who has a beautiful baby in her arms. Avantika looked up and smiled at Karna who came and swooped baby from her hand. He was crying happily seeing his child. He passed the child to others and came near Avantika she smiled. He waited some time for Avantika to gain strength so that he could take his family to Shiv-parvati temple to get their blessings and naming their child.

The news of prince of anga has been born was spread throughout the kingdom and everyone came to palace gates to see the child. After two hours, The royals came outside the palace, Karna held the baby in his arms. The royal went to temple on foot. The people of Anga saw their beautiful prince for the first time, they smiled. The baby too smiled, he was crying or making a scene seeing so many people. They reached the temple where Saint Vishwamitra was doing a hawan they all sat in hawan. After hawan Karna and Avantika with their child touched the feet of Idols of Shiv-parvati family and rudraksha seems to fall in hands baby which he clutched tightly. Karna and Avantika was happy to see that.

The couple went near Saint Vishwamitra to name thier child, vishwamitra saw rudraksha on baby hand and named him Rudradhitiya, he held the baby high and proclaimed him Avantika nandan Rudradhitiya, rudra from rudraksha and lord Shiva and Aditya as sunshine. The named spread throughout the Kingdom and people stated cheering the “Rudradhitiya” after that karna told everyone to go to centre of Anga, he and his family will join after their dusk puja. couple went alone to river bank with rudra and Karna did his dusk prayer and held his son high an gentle sunrays from settings sun fell on the baby, couple understood the suryadev has blessed their chid and his grandson. After they went to centre of city and Avantika held the baby. Karna just folded his hands and asked the petitioner or anyone to come and take whatever they wished from the huge pile of goods and if they want another thing he will if possible try to give them. Petitioner came and collected their alms and blessed the child. Pandavas and Kunti too came and took alms and bless the child. They were shocked by Karna way to donate alms, they thought that Karna will personally donate all the items which will lead ti increase his fame but he just came folded his hands and told them to take whatever amount the petitioner wants to take. He donated everything with folded hands.

After alms donation a feast was arranged and everyone that came was invited the people of Anga themselves served the guests. Karna was also helping them. After everything the royals returned to palce and the petitioner from nearby left for their home and those who were from afar the stayed for the night and decided to leave tomorrow morning. Pandavas and Kunti left after the celebration.