BHEESHMA'S NEW DISCIPLE

After luch everyone returned to their chambers. Pandavas an kunti were first to leave as soon as Maharaj and Maharani left the room. Kauravas and Shakuni laughed at them. Bheeshma, Karna, Avantika and Dushala paid no heed to them. They also returned ther chamber. After One hour of rest, Dushala came knocking the room. Karna opened it. Dushala wanted to take Avantika for palace tour Karna too accompanied them whereever he can. Dushala and Avantika went around whole palace, Karna didn't go place reserved for ladies otherwise he followed them. They reached to practice area where Bheeshma was training with Kauravas. Pandavas too were there but they were just looking not participating.

Avantika : Dushala what's going on there.

Dushala : Bhabhi, for more than two months pitamah is training all the brothers daily. He trains Pandavas and Kauravas alternate days

Karna : So, why don't you join them too.

Dushala : I don't know whether Pitamah will allow that or not.

Avantika : He would allow it probably, why don't you ask now?

Dushala : Ok I will try but I am not sure.

Karna (smiles) : Lets go, you should ask for a spar with him if he will not allow it then you can spar with me to show your skills, I am sure then nobody can deny your skills after that.

Dushala (happily) : That's a great idea Bhrata Karna.

Trio went to practice area and greeted everyone, the Kauravas and Bheeshma too stopped practicing and greeted them.

Bheeshma : What happened Karna, I am sure you didn't stop our practice fo just greetings us.

Karna : You are right, Mahamahim. Dushala wanted to ask you something.

Bheeshma : Tell me Putri Dushala, what do you want to ask.

Dushala : Pitamah I wanted to have spar with you and join your training.

Everyone except Karna and Avantika was shocked by this request. Even Bheeshma has raised his eyebrow. He wanted to say something but Yudhishthir cut him off.

Yudhishthir (seriously) : Dushala, women are not supposed to learn weapon according to dharm.

Avantika (Angrily) : Are you calling my teacher saint vishvamitra adharmi yuvraj or do you think you know more Dharm than teacher of lord Ram and Laxman.

Yudhishthir (panicking) : I didn't  say that. What are you saying Angrani.

Avantika (Mockingly): My teacher has taught me to use weapon so according to you oh great son of Yamraj, Dharmraj Yuvraj Yudhishthir my teacher must be adharmi.

Karna : Use you words carefully Yuvraj, as words are like arrow once said could not be retrieved.

Dushala (politely) : Bharata Yudhishthir I too have read the vedas no where in it said women can not learn to use weapons. Everyone knows that trideviyan too can use weapons.

Bheeshma : Satya vachan Putri.

Yudhishthir and Pandavas hung their head low once again, Yudhishthir Dharm was questioned in front of Bheeshma again. Dushala polite response was liks slap on Yudhishthir's face. Duryodhana who was enjoying the show was happy seeing all this but he also wanted to help his sister.

Duryodhana : Dushala, dear sister you first have to learn how to fight, only then can you spar. Don't get me wrong I am happy you want to learn to use weapons. Why don't you come tomorrow and choose one weapon of your liking we brothers will teach you how to use it.

Rest Kauravas : jyeshtha is right Dushala.

Dushala : Bharta Duryodhana, I know how to use swords, I learnt it at kanyakul and Avantika bhabhi trained me a lot in last month.

Dushala proudly announced that with her held high. Kauravas and Pandavas raised their eyebrows when the heard Dushala knew sword fighting since her Kanyakul as they didn't know that but Pandavas expression turned sour hearing that she was trained by Avantika for a month especially Nakul as he knows how strong is Avantika with her sword. Kauravas on the other hand were happy that their sister was strong enough to protect herself. Duryodhana and Bheeshma were especially intrigued as the want to see what Avantika the student of Saint Vishwamitra has taught Dushala.

Bheeshma (seriously) : Really Putri, fine then we will spar, if you impress me then I will personally train you as my disciple. I promise, it's been long time since I taught anyone last students I trained was you father and uncle.

Dushala (excited) : I will impress you Pitamah, then I will be your disciple.

Bheeshma : I will not go easy on you Putri, be careful.

Rest of the people left to corner to see the spar. Pandavas and Kauravas were eager to see how Dushala is going to impress Bheeshma. They didn't say but somewhere in their heart they doubted credibility of Dushala's words. Karna and Avantika too went to corner to see the fight. Avantika has confident smile on her lips, she was sure Dushala will impress Bheeshma after all she has trained her and seen her abilities. Karna was  also eager to see Dushala fight as it was first time he will see his sister fight, he has only heard from Avantika that she is good fighter. He hasn't seen he traing or spars due to his busy schedule.

Bheeshma and Dushala were in the centre of ring with their swords drawn. The signal of spar were given. Bheeshma was standing on his place seeing this Dushala understood her Pitamah was going to test her only so he will not attack but defend only. She swiftly drifted towards him and tried to a slash across which he defended but Dushala attacked again and again. Bheeshma was forced to move from his place  He knew he has somewhat underestimated his granddaughter. He was just going to see whether Dushala can move him from his place or not if she could he will accept her as disciple but now he wanted to see more. He wanted to see her full abilities so he aslo stated to attack. Both attacked and defended. Dushala was losing as soon as her Pitamah decided to attack. She leapt back and started chanting mantras to summon energy seeing this Bheeshma too summoned his energy too and they both clashed. The spar ended in 20 minutes after that because Dushala was very tired she has only learnt to use energy one month ago so she isn't proficient in Bheeshma energy attacks were such that it isn't directed towards her and her bangles defected once that got close to her. It always happens even with her spars with Avantika. She was sad of loosing spar. But she head clapping sound from one direction soon the clapping sound resounded from othe directions too. She saw everyone present ther not just her brothers and Avantika but her Pitashree, matashree, uncle everyone was there clapping for her. She became happy.

WITH THE CROWD DURING THE BATTLE.

Kauravas and Pandavas saw their sister fighting Pitamah. She was fighting really hard and good as fighter they can see her movement were precise and strong. The moment she forced Bheeshma to move the has jaw dropped on the floor. Duryodhana even rubbed his eyes he couldn't believe this was her chirpy and happy sister. The moment the energy clashes started happening they were even more shocked. Due to sudden energy clashing the others in the palace came towards the practice ground. Vidhur told Dhritrashtra and Ghandhari what was happening. They were surprised but happy hearing her daughter's valour from him. Fight ended and pindrop silence was there but it was soon broken by claps of Karna and Avantika soon they all followed.

NOW

Bheeshma : Putri Dushala you have impressed me As I promised you will be my disciple. Your training will start from tomorrow

Bheeshma said and left and every came to Dushala and congratulated her. Pandavas too congratulated her and left. Kauravas and her parents happy for Dushala. They came and hugged her. Karna and Avantika too came and congratulated her. Trio then continued their tour of Hastinapur. Then at evening Karna did his pooja and distributed alms as petitioners who came to know about his stay acme to him. He then returned to palace with both of them. Karna tried his best to avoid seeing Pandavas and Kunti. To him now meeting Shakuni is more pleasant than than seeing them. They thankfully avoided till dinner. After a silent dinner they went to their chamber to sleep.