"But black lives matter right?" he nods his head frantically. I walk into the bathroom trying to not bust out laughing.

"I was playing Iván. Don't pass out" I say "I almost died forget passing out" he dramatically says laying on the bed.

flashback ovaaaa

I try to stop myself from laughing as we walk into the ball. He leads us to a table in the middle of all the other tables.

He pulls out the chair for me to sit down. I once again have to stop myself from laughing at my own thoughts.

Cause y'all what if he would've pulled the chair as I sat down? That's so embarrassing and funny at the same time. I would be so salty yo.

A guy walks up to our table looking familiar. "Hey Sailor" he comes over to me and I stand up "Hi you look like someone I know but I can't put my finger on it" I say to him still thinking where I seen him.

"I'm Derek from College." My jaw drops this man fine as hell.. now not as fine as Iván but lawd his fine dark skin self.

"Omg Derek, hey. You got skinner" I mean I think that's a compliment. "Yeah, I had to lose all that weight." I nod listening to what he's saying.

After about a few seconds I feel someone's hand rest on my ass then travel to now rest on my hip.

I know that smell anywhere, it's bae.

"Who's this hermosa?" he asks while pulling me closer. "Oh this is Derek from College" he nods and I know he honestly does not care.

"Wow! You're Iván Morales! I love your work" Derek's attention is no longer on me but now on Iván. "Ha. Thank you but I'm going to dance with my fiancé now" my heart just went pitter-patter.

Iván guides me to the dance floor. As I was turning around to face him he turns me around so my backside is pressed against his front.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I rest my hands on top of his. "You have everyone's eyes on you tonight hermosa" hello? did his voice get deeper?

He kisses my cheek down to my neck "I mean of course you would draw attention look at you, you're stunning." I smile softly at the compliment.

"Just remember you're mine, okay hermosa?" I nod feeling butterflies in my stomach "Words pretty girl" he kisses my temple "Yes" he puts his head in the crook of my neck swaying.

"Iván" he hums in response "Do you realize what song is on? Why are we swaying?" he pauses for a moment.

Why is it Baltimore club music playing at a gala?

Iván looks up to the stage rolling his eyes I look up at the stage seeing two guys that look like Iván, man what the hell.

Genes strong.

Saige and Syire came up from behind me. "What the hell? When y'all get here? And why y'all sweating?" Saige points to the Iván's brothers that are now standing across from us with Iván.

"Sai kill him" Syire said. I know he meant to kill him in a dance battle but that could be taken out of context so fast.

"You wanna battle me?" I ask Iván and he smirks at me "They say white people can't dance but I can guarantee that I can in fact kill it" Iván says.

"Those are battling words" I hold onto Syire as I try to get my shoes off.

Stupid heels.

I better not lose them this time.

Clare

We all sit at the table watching our parents, aunt, and uncles dance battle in the middle of the dance floor.

It was cute when just mom and Iván were out there swaying to 'hands up thumbs down' not sure why they were swaying but hey whatever makes them happy.

"What the hell" I hear Anna say from behind me. "You sure you want to join this family? I mean look at our aunt." I watch Aunt Saige do a split and my mom helps her back up.

"I don't know anymore the dance moves are a deal bre- oh my gosh look at Iván" we both laugh as we watch him try to woo tang like my mom.

"Anybody got some shorts and a big shirt?" My mom asked and I roll my eyes laughing. She tryna go full dance mode.

• • •

Sailor

"Ivánnn" I whine as I take small steps to the house cause my feet are killing me. "Yes, baby?" he answers making my heart flutter.

"My feet hurt" he turns back around walking towards me picking me up bridal style.

The crazy thing is I haven't eaten or drank tonight and I had full energy.

• • •

y'all it took me a while to put this chapter out cause I ain't know what they was gonna do at this gala but once I started I couldn't stop.

ANYWAYS IVÁNNNNN

daddy i mean- daddy i mean- daddy

sorry i love reading about jealous, possessive and overprotective men on here so i had to add it 🧍🏾‍♀️

just a little bit