-chapter xxvii.

Let Me Down Slowly- Alec Benjamin

Reed's POV.

-

Life is great.

I am laying in bed, my beautiful girlfriend curled up against me, just enjoying the free show that the sunrise is giving us.

I look out the window, deep in thought. The sun is rising, colors like orange, yellow and pink all around, but my mind is focusing on something else.

I got a call last night during the showcase, that I needed to go to the rink. Mitchell Vaceri requested for me to meet up with him. The only thing I know, is that he needs an information on Ray.

I honestly don't mind. The man got me out of this messed up shit and I can still race there for some money that people put on bets.

Pretty good deal to me. So if I have to give him infos, I will.

Milay stirs against me, and my eyes trail down to her face, that I mostly hidden in my neck. She is almost fully laying on me, with her leg on top of mines and her arms around my torso.

I probably saved a fucking unicorn in my past life to have been blessed with her.

I continue watching her, while running my fingers through her hair, until she speaks up, startling me, ''You're staring,'' Her voice is raspy, and I am in total awe of her morning face.

''That's my line, you can't use it against me,'' I inform her, my fingers still combing her long hair.

She sighs, finally opening her big grey eyes, ''Good morning you creep.''

I chuckles slightly, ''Morning, gorgeous,'' I see the edge of her lips curling up, ''I knew you liked the nickname.''

''Yeah, yeah whatever,'' She mumbles, sitting up straight.

She looks down at me, her eyes trailing down my arm. She brings her finger to slightly brush against my skin and she stops on my right forearm, ''What does this one mean?'' She points at my rose tattoo.

''I got it with Kai about a year ago,'' I explain, bringing my other arm behind my head and flatening my right hand on her thigh, ''We just wanted something cool to match and the guy at the tattoo parlor drew this in five minutes.''

She hums, ''It's pretty,'' She looks up at me, ''You know I have a tattoo as well.''

My eyebrows furrows. I haven't spotted any on her. She notices my confusion and brings up my t-shirt, which goes down to her thighs. I notice a quote written in cursive on her ribcage.

Life a felt like hell, because we expected it to feel like heaven.

The tip of my fingers brush slightly her hot skin, ''Why'd you get it?''