28; just the girls

Sailor

Well, time to get cute again.

As of right now, I'm waiting for the girls to come down so we can get to where we need to go.

I usually prefer to get shorter nails because I can not function with long nails but since we're going to a gala, go big or go home, y'know?

"I'm leaving so whoever isn't in the car bout time I put my shoes on is getting left" I yell up the stairs and not even seconds later I see the girls running down the steps.

"Shotgun" I heard Rosetta yell running out the door. "Selena asked if she could come with us to get her nails done" Mia says "Yeah sure, tell her to ask her dad first" I say while slipping on my crocs.

"He said yes already" I jump a little bit not expecting her voice to come through Mia's phone. "Okay, here we come" Mia walks out.

"Cole we're leaving! Don't forget to feed my babies" I yell "Yes mom" he ain't even listening to me. I roll my eyes shutting the door and locking it.

"So you and Iván dating?" I hear as soon as I get in the car. "Nope" I say as we pull out the driveway. "Yeah but y'all are something right?" Anna asks I shrug "I don't know but I am enjoying it" I smile softly.

"You look happier than before. Yesterday y'all both was looking all in loveee" Clare says I look in the rearview making eye contact with her. "And we saw y'all kiss at the restaurant" Mia says "Sure did" Anna adds. I look over to Rosetta to see her smiling nodding along.

"You be getting all shy around him... be smiling hard" I roll my eyes "Why y'all in my businesssss" I say as we finally pull up to his house.

"Woahhhh is this a castle" Clare says "The inside looks even better" they all look at me suspiciously "I decorated his house" I say then honk the horn letting Selena know we're outside.

Selena comes to the front door "My dad said to come in" she yells from the door "Tell him no we have things to do" I yell back, she leans her head in the house, I guess telling him what I said.

Moments later I see her walking to the followed by Iván looking fine as hell like always. He has on sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Hello hermosa" he bends down leaning against the window "Hello Iván" I smile at him. He hands me a black card "Here use this to pay for everything y'all do today. I will know if you don't use my card." he narrows his eyes at me "Okay but we have an appointment soon so we need to get the move on" I tell him.

"Okay" he says softly then kisses me and backs away from the car. I feel my cheeks heating up.

As I pull off I feel all the girls' eyes on me and I didn't dare to turn around. Instead, I turned on music drowning them out if they decide they want to say something.

• • •

"Hello, what would you like today?" the lady said as we walked into the store.

It's called 'The black girl beauty bar'. It's blacked own and they have everything in here.

Hair, nails. lashes.

This is where I always come. What's even better is that they have all black employees and they are all certified, as they should.

"Hi, I will like hair and nails for everyone then also lashes for me." I feel a tap on my arm. "Can I have lashes too?" Anna asks I look around "Who else?" Clare raises her hand.

"And lashes for these two also" I point to Anna and Clare. She nods then sends us each to different areas.

Mia, Selena, and Rosetta went to hair. Clare and Anna went to lashes and I'm sitting in the chair to get to my feet done. I just thought about something, I texted Iván asking him what color was the dress and he said black.

I got my toes painted white cause why would I get black nail polish on my toes?

• • •

After 8 long hours that felt short might, I add we were finally done. We got here in the morning and now it's afternoon. "Do y'all want to get food? Cause I am starving." I ask them and they agreed.

"Okay come on" I start walking to the car. "After getting cute you must get seafood. It's like a rule." I tell them.

• • •

"What were y'all doing all day?" Iván says as we walk into his house with our seafood and hair tied up.

"What's on y'all head?" He asks "It's a bonnet to protect our hair. Get with the program father." Selena says to Iván who looks even more confused.

I walk to the kitchen to wash my hands. Rosetta and Anna walk up to me as I wash my hands. "We never really said thank you for taking us in and I just want to say that we are both very grateful for everything." Anna says making me smile

"Also thank you for today. We never really had an opportunity like this before. We both grew up in the foster care system then got taking away so we never did girly things like this" Rosetta says.

"Andddd we never had a motherly figure growing up. We had to figure things out on our own but I'm glad now we have you to be our motherly figure. Thank you for teaching us about your culture too" Anna adds.

"Aww, guys come here" I bring them in a group hug squeezing them tight. "I'm glad you like being here with me and the kids." I pull away and they walk back in there with the girls.

As I reach for a paper towel I feel someone back hug me. I stand up straight smelling the cologne that Iván wears. "You really are perfect hermosa" he kisses my cheek.

Today was a great day.

• • •

gala is next chapterrrrrrr

hope you enjoyed this little chapter. Just something to put out real quick.

so i debated on rather I should put out this chapter or not because ain't nothing really happened but I thought it was a cute little chapter.

Just a normal day in life , nothing special.

But I was thinking if I should make a instagram for wattpad. I can do polls and suggestions and stuff like that.

Cause right now I could really use a poll if I should post this or not... but you know yolo.

Just let me know what y'all think.