He exhales, "It sort of is. I didn't get to tell you myself. Look, I promised you the whole universe that I'll come back to you, right? I'm keeping that damn promise for you, angel." he gives me a grin to assure me that he's saying the truth.

"I hated leaving without goodbye." he says and I just stay quiet as he keeps on going. "I hated every moment of those last minutes and I'm sorry for the way I acted. There's no no excuse-"

I cut him off. "It's okay, Kay. You're doing your own thing and I'm working on volleyball. We'll see each other again." I try and give him a reassuring smile and he returns one back. Before I could continue with a lighter conversation, my door opens and Kaydon laughs at my startled face.

Parker jumps next to me, raising an eyebrow at the phone.

"Hey, Kaydon!" she says and Kaydon laughs.

"Hey, Park."

She nudges me with her shoulder and I see that she's in a loose t-shirt and spandex. Her long hair is in a tight ponytail and I groan when I see the kneepads down at her ankles.

I groan and face planted to my comforters. I do not want to go to practice this early. I'm betting that Parker suggested this.

I hear Cameron walk in and snicker when she sees me face planted into the comforters. "Kaydon, hey! The guys miss you playing basketball." she says and I lift my head up. Hair is all over my face and Parker fixes it into a ponytail.

He smiles at the thought of the guys and my heart warms. "Tell them that they'll be fine, I suck ass anyway," he looks up at something and I see his expression falter to a scowl and his whole demeanor changes to anger.

"Alright, I gotta go. Talk you later Sierra, stay safe." then he hangs up. I put my phone down and Cameron sighs, throwing to me a black t-shirt and my spandex. Knee pads hit my face as I scoop them up in my arms.

"Do we have to do practice this early?" I ask and Parker nods with a wicked grin.

"Championships is in a couple days, Si. We gotta win this!"

Cameron shoves me to the bathroom and I get changed. I splash water on my face to wake
me up and I turn off the lights while walking out. Parker is right. We all want this really bad and I guess it'll be good practice. Parker wants to go into college with volleyball but Cameron and I are hesitating on it. Parker pushes herself to the edge with volleyball and sometimes she passes out from exhaustion.

I grab my bag and we all stand up to walk down the stairs. Cameron and Parker stop by the living room to talk to Tanya and I see my mom in the kitchen. I walk to the pantry to grab a couple granola bars for me and the team.

I live on granola bars for breakfast, I'm telling you.

"Hey, sweetie! How are you feeling?" her dark brown hair meet with the sunlight from the window causing it to be a golden brown. She gives me her classic mother-smile and I kiss her on the cheek.

"I'm fine, mom. Trust me," I assure her and she rubs my shoulder. She's been by my side the past couple days and I'm so fucking grateful for that. She's my first ever best friend and she's been through hell and back. The lessons she learned she taught to me.

"Have a good practice!" she shouts as I walk back out to the living room. Tanya gives me a side hug before walking to the hallway and I blow her a kiss which she catches and clutches to her heart.

Parker sighs with a soft smile. "I love you and your family."

I laugh, "I love them too."

**