33. the champions. pt 1

Kaydon

Kaydon

I see her long, dark brown hair flowing past her as she grabs my hands and starts swaying to the beat of the music. Every beat our feet moves to a different direction.

Her smile is like no other in the world. It's a smile that's priceless and worth so much. You can't ever miss one like this. There's something so unique and so heart wrenching that smile does. Her eyes light up like the stars in the whole galaxy, small dimples near the corners of her mouth appear, and you just see her.

I twirl her around and catch her in my arms. Her back to my chest with my heart beating wildly. She tilts her head back and looks right up to my eyes. Hers are full of adoration and excitement. I feel so complete, so full, and I feel like I'm at home.

She's my fucking home.

There's nothing more special than having your best friend in the whole world in your arms and them feeling safe with you. There's nothing more special than having the love of your life dancing with you in a parking lot while the rain pours down on you. The rain pours and we just continue to dance with no care in the world. It's a special moment.

My heart is so full of her and the love for her that I can't even think of a moment where I wasn't in love. She's the only one and she will be the only one I will ever be this in love with.

Then, my door bursts open and my eyes shoot open to the sun blinding me through the window. Harry throws me another dress shirt and pants and I rub my eyes. I don't feel like I'm home.

This has never been home. It's far from it.

"Come on, we have another meeting this morning at the Breakfast House," he says, opening my blinds. "You may have a shot for the team with this one." the smirk on his face so fucking punchable and I stop myself from doing so.

I sit up, fixing my bed head hair still looking down at my dark blue sheets. "Can't we just get a fucking break?" I mutter. He starts laughing and I raise an eyebrow.

"A break?" he stops abruptly and stares me down. "Son, there's no such thing as breaks. You work till you get what you want. To get what you want, you work. Breaks are for the weak."

My blood boils and my phone pops up with a notification. It's championship day and I fucking wish I was there. I want to be there to support them all but I can't. I shake my head at Harry.

"What if this is not what I want Harry," I say, my voice getting louder. "Can you not get your fucking head straight? This is what you want! You want this fucking perfect kid who does football and does whatever you ask for. I am not going to be that kid. I won't ever be again."

He stares at me with fire in his eyes. I can sense the thick tension building up in the small room.

He walks towards me. "Then what do you want then Kaydon?" he spits with hatred in his tone. "What do you want instead of this amazing future?"