As she kept her eyes closed, everything around her suddenly turned peaceful. The sounds of screams and loud bangs were non-existent, only the soft chirpings of birds and gentle rustling of leaves upon the trees and bushes found their way to her ears.

"Mikasa, get up". She groggily opened her eyes upon hearing the only voice she'd ever want to hear for the rest of her lifetime; his hand gently shaking her shoulder. "You'll catch a cold". Her eyes were still heavy, and she felt confused as to how she got there. She couldn't remember what she was even doing before...

"Eren?", her head seemed to clear up a bit as she met his teal eyes. "Huh? When... When did I fall asleep?", Mikasa yawned. "Feels like I just had a long dream"

"You must have been really tired", Eren said with a soft chuckle, crouching down to collect some freshly chopped firewood. "Let's just take it easy for the rest of the day. I managed to catch a big fish after all...", his carefree tone turned quieter as he looked over at her again, a look of worry spreading across his features. "Mikasa... Are you crying?", he asked softly. She hadn't even noticed the continuous streams of tears.

"Huh?", she said quietly upon touching her cheek. "I wonder why... I suddenly wasnæt sure I belonged here...", she then said unsure. Eren got up, quietly looking at her for a short while, before sighing slightly.

"Well... We can't do anything about it now"

"What?"

"Since we abandoned everything and ran away like this...". Mikasa looked at him puzzled. "It's been two months since the war with Marley ended. They'll invade Paradis soon... Running away is the only way for anyone to survive. Armin... he's probably looking all over for us", he said still looking away, but as he took a deep breath, his pained eyes looked back at her. "I... I couldn't send Historia to hell and continue that endless slaughter. And I couldn't commit genocide against humanity outside the walls... Let's just live the rest of my four years peacefully. Just the two of us", he said as he took a few steps towards her. "Mikasa, wasn't it you who asked me that?", he then added gently. The wind ruffled his short hair with quick but soft motions as he waited for her response.

After taking in everything he said, she found herself smiling tenderly. "Yes... sorry", she apologised sheepishly while getting up from her seat. Carefully she wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her chin atop his shoulder. "I know I promised I wouldn't bring it up". Eren then returned the gesture, however his heart still heavy.

"Will you make me one more promise?", he dared ask. "When I die, throw the scarf away... You'll live long after I'm gone, so forget about me. Be free". She didn't answer, just held onto him tighter. It seems that the four years they were promised moved past quickly, Eren getting weaker and weaker in her arms. "Please Mikasa... forget about me", he asked again. Eventually Eren sat down on the bench Mikasa woke up on. His shoulders was slouched in an exhausted manner, slight titans marks had appeared upon his slim face. Where did the time go?

"See you later... Eren", she spoke softly, taking a gentle hold of his head as their eyes locked once more.

The next time she blinked, she found herself surrounded by screams and booming noise again. Reiner, Pieck and Annie were fighting with the last bit of strength they had left, Eren's Colossal having the upper hand over his and Armin's fist fight as of right now. It was all in all no other way out of this...

'I'm sorry Eren...'

With a swift motion, she pulled out the scarf she had been keeping safe inside her shirt, wrapping it securely around her neck.

'I can't do that. I can't forget you'

"Eren is in the mouth... I'll do it. Everyone cover me", she said stern, already ready with her blades. Levi looked at her bewildered for a second, before pulling himself together. Time was of the essence here.