Chapter 59 (NSFW)

A/N:

There will be a smut sequence later in the chapter. I'll mark the beginning and end of it properly for those who want to skip it. I trust you guys to decide for yourselves if you're mature enough to read that part, as I know I have some readers who are minors according to the statistics of this book.

Happy reading! :)

______________________________

As you left Liberio after fully realizing with heavy hearts Eren wouldn't be coming back to Paradis with you, you clutched the letters you've already read times and times over between your fingers with a frustrated sigh. He had been gone for a full day before the letters arrived at Kiyomi's estate. In the letters he basically told you he'd stay behind in Marley and that he entrust Zeke with everything. Witnessing Hange's outburst and Levi's utterly disappointed look as they read though them for the first time was something you hoped you never had to see again...

...

The months passed, and you had no way of communicating with him. No way of knowing if he was safe wherever he was in the enemy's continent. The only thing you got to hear was what was communicated through Yelena and Kiyomi, considering they were the ones in contact with Zeke; who was running the show behind the scenes. But there were never any news about Eren.

HQ... home, without Eren took a long time to get used to, and to be completely honest, none of you really ever got used to it. Especially Mikasa and Armin struggled accepting the fact that Eren chose to leave them out of his secret agenda. He was doing something over there, but you couldn't seem to figure out what, no matter how many nights you stayed up thinking about it.

Not much happened while he was gone, other than Hange deciding to promote all of you to higher ranks. It was an exciting day, but you wished Eren was there to receive the same honour as the rest of you.

Jean was given the rank of commanding officer, for his ability to lead and make rational decisions in dire situations.

The rest of you were promoted to officers, but still remained assigned as members of the Levi Squad for the time being. Jean would eventually go on to lead his own troop. It was truly a privilege being ranked so highly after only four years in the military. 

...

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months, and at last came the day where you finally heard from him. However it did not bring any sort of relief as you thought it would after you read through his urgent letter. In as little as five days, there would be held a festival in Liberio. Eren asked you to send reinforcements as he planned to steal the power of the Warhammer Titan, as well as needing aid in weakening Marley's defences. In addition, he wanted you to help retrieve Zeke to Paradis so you could initiate the rumbling portion of Zeke's plan...

Year 854: Two days after reading Eren's latest letter

You were sat in one of the common rooms, resting your head on the palms of your hands as you tried to make sense of how you got to this point. A raid that scale would without a doubt be your most dangerous mission yet. This wasn't just a herd of mindless titans or a group of special Military Police soldiers. This fight was against a town and a nation that had their own elite trained military with more advanced weapons and inventions than you could probably even count.

You felt the cushions of the couch getting pressed further down as someone took a seat right beside you. You looked up from your hands, meeting Moblit's kind face.