"You've stopped coming and now your hair has grown longer," I chide.I know it's not because he's neglecting it. His hair is actually in great condition. He just kept it long because Rose told him that long hair looks good on him, and it does. He nods, staring into his food as if it speaks to him.

"Eat, now," I say. "I already made it for you." He nods, continuing to eat, but his movements slow down. Those tears that were brimming his eyes now fall, and his mouth quivers.

"I'm sorry, Aunty," he says. "I'm sorry." His eyes look up at me, and I see that little boy from the past again. I sit beside him and run a hand down his back as he cries, his free hand covering his face.

"I'm so sorry." Just like when he was younger, I take him in my arms and bring him to me. Austin still reeks of alcohol, but that doesn't stop me.

"You'll have to forgive me as well. Don't mind my words earlier," I murmur. "Your parents are a failure, but Austin, you cannot continue down this path. You're hurting all of us." Tears sting my eyes.

"You are breaking my heart, Austin," I admit. I've only told Joe that, but now he knows it too. "You're disappointing me."

"I'm sorry," he says, his speech garbled. We stay like that for a while until he calms down enough to finish his food. I don't even know if he originally had an appetite, but he cleans his plate. He washes his hands and then, afterwards, he helps me clean up. We do everything in silence. When we finish, I take his hand again and lead him to the guest bedroom. I don't want him leaving just yet, and especially not like this, as he's still somewhat inebriated.

"I shouldn't," he says. This is where he used to stay when he came around much more often in the past. It's been empty since he's been coming around less often.

"Are you not family?" I ask and he stares at me, his eyes brimming again.

"I am," he murmurs. Although, the room has been empty, he's always welcome here.

"You are, so you will stay," I say, quickly changing the sheets on the bed. He helps me with the task, always helpful. It makes me happy to know that some things haven' changed. Some of Austin's clothes are still here so he has those to change into as well.

Having gotten him situated, I give him a hug and make a move to leave when something presses on my heart, a thought to pray with him. On its face, it seems ridiculous. Austin has made it clear that he doesn't want to walk in the faith any longer, but that thought still arises.

"I want to pray with you," I say, looking back at him. To my surprise, he nods. And so, just as we used to do in the past, we kneel beside the bed and I pray for him. He even says a little prayer himself.

Afterwards, I give him another hug and shut his door, then go upstairs to my own room to go back to bed. It's three in the morning, but I end up calling Joe and talking to him about what happened.

Of course, I don't expect Austin to change overnight, and he doesn't. No, Austin doesn't change overnight, but there was something within him that shifted this morning.

I wake again at around nine and hear voices outside my door before they make their way downstairs. It takes me a second to realize it's Austin talking to the twins. He's still here.

I quickly throw on a robe before flying out of my room. I had thought he might leave without saying goodbye. I don't know why, but I know he won't be back for a while. It's a feeling I have deep within me that I can't shake off. He's leaving again.

I get to the staircase and see Austin and the twins at the bottom. I'm not surprised to see Ty and Nova looking upset. Austin has a slight frown on his face as well, and they fall silent as I come down.