Chapter 35: Memory

Start from the beginning

They said their goodbyes and good lucks and Harry found himself packing for his trip...

***

Harry walked through the corridors of Hogwarts once again. The trip had gone on longer than expected and he only made it back the day before the term started. He had gotten his OWL results in the mail when he was in China and as expected, he got straight Os and lots of extra credit. He had gotten the top scores ever in the history of OWLs and offered to take his NEWTs in his third year. This time, it was his first NEWT because in his last life he didn't get round to it. He was too busy defeating a Dark Lord

His reaction was...

"Eh..."

After discreetly dropping his things off in his dorm, careful not to alert anyone in the dorm or the common room, he made his way to the Great Hall, in hope of getting something to eat and saying hello to the teachers.

Harry shadow-stepped to his seat at the Staff Table during Lunch and started getting food to eat. He was sat between Minerva, who sat in the Headmistress' seat and Flitwick.

Flitwick was the first one to notice, "HARRY?" he squeaked loudly, alerting the entire hall. Great.

The students turned to look at the table and saw Harry sitting there.

Harry gave an awkward wave and the students stood and cheered; the Slytherin table, especially, were cheering as their lives depended on it.

Minerva pulled Harry into an unexpected hug. Harry had just had at least 40 days of claps and cheers. It got tiring at times.

"Thank you, thank you," he finally said and the clapping got quieter until it completely stopped apart from a certain pair of red-heads.

Lupin got the DADA job just like last time and thanks to the creature laws that Harry had put in place, as long as he took Wolfsbane and stayed safe during the full moon, he could teach freely. That led to a summer of thankful letters from Werewolves everywhere.

Harry sat and started to eat. It was a long time since he got to have a normal amount of food because in each country he was invited to banquets or hardly got to eat anything because he was travelling.

He caught up with the teacher and he told them about the whole exam situation and they congratulated him.

Everything was good but as normal, something had to come up. Dumbledore's trial was in a week...

Harry had to lessen his amount of lessons and assisting jobs because of the workload that came with being Chief Warlock but he insisted on taking all the NEWTs, some of them self-studied so no time-turner, unfortunately.

With Dumbledore not being able to do his job as Supreme Mugwump, Harry had to unofficially settle arguments as the temporary moderator which resulted in trips overseas about once a fortnight.

It finally occurred to Harry why Dumbledore disappeared once in a while.

Perhaps he had made too good of an impression because it led him to even more work than before.

Harry was mumbling a song that he had heard once, "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Dumbledork...," when he looked at the clock and grabbed his cloak. He was getting some last-minute work done before Dumbledore's trial.

"Disciplinary Hearing of the 8th of December into offences committed by Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore the Thief, Resident of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland. Interrogators, Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Magic of Britain and Alysha (not gonna tell u my last name), Chief Warlock of the Republic of Singapore. Charges against the accused are as follows; that he did in full awareness of the illegality of his actions attempt to harm the Chief Warlock of Magical Britain and therefore putting the entire International Confederation of Wizards in danger on the 7th of June 1993."