Chapter 34: Destroyed

Harry got ready the next morning and as usual, he changed into a simple t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and went for a run.

The weather in Singapore was... humid. That was the only way that he could describe. On his run, he saw old people doing Tai Chi in the park and some more seniors going on runs just like him. The streets were busy and everyone seemed to be in a rush. There were school children with backpacks way too heavy for them and lanyards hustling and bustling, getting into buses or running towards school.

One thing was for sure.

It was nothing like England.

After running for about half an hour, he got back to hotel that he was staying at in order to get ready for the meeting that was to start in an hour.

On the way there, he met the Chief Warlock of France, who had also went for an early morning run.

"On your left!" he yelled as he pulled up next to the Chief Warlock.

"Funny, I didn't peg you to be a person to go for a morning run," he smiled.

"What kind of person did you let me as?"

"To be honest, a spoiled brat who slept in," he answered bluntly and after a moment of silence they both stopped and laughed.

"Ah well... so have gone on morning runs everyday, out of the hospital or Ministry, for about... 4 years."

"Hospital?"

"You do not want to know," he brushed off and the man took it as a sign to not press further.

"Ministry?"

"On trial for the use of an Unforgivable and don't panic, it wasn't me," he winked.

The Chief Warlock raised an eyebrow but brushed it off.

The man chuckled, "You are awfully mature for your age, you know that?"

"I get that a lot," he nodded, chuckling.

"So..." he tried to make conversation with the young boy. He had not gotten the chance to speak to him yet, "Not a huge fan of Dumbledore, eh?"

Harry chuckled, "That is an understatement,"

"So...why... exactly?" he asked, curiously.

"Trust me, the man and I have a... complicated history, shall we say?" he smiled.

The French man laughed, "Not much history with a twelve-year-old, don't you think?"

Harry snorted lightly and nodded, "It does sound absurd, doesn't it?"

The man chuckled in response, "But then again... a twelve-year-old Chief Warlock sounds absurd as well so why judge it?"

Harry nodded. His life was quite interesting, wasn't it? Almost interesting enough to be a book. Or several. From different authors. Or several movies.

The two casually chatted as they made their way to their floor. Since it was a muggle hotel, they had to press their wands to the 8th floor's button on the elevator.

Harry had just used some wandless magic and the French man was stunned, though he did try not to show it.

Harry made his way to his room and got changed into a dark blue shirt with a tie and blazer of a matching blue.

He got his briefcase and put his notes and papers into it.

He made his way out of the room and shadow-stepped to the lobby of sorts at the Meeting centre, careful to not be seen.