Chapter 13: Ashamed and Alone

Beginne am Anfang

The double standards in this room stunk. Really stunk. Everyone seemed to agree with Alya, infuriating the bluenette more. For Morgana, it was more concerning. She had her eye on Adrien. She sensed his change of mood when she saw him look at Luka and Marinette. This... could be useful. Something else to add to the file. It would be very risky though. She had to time it right and made predictions. Seems she'd have to move a pawn in a strange direction. Her brain started to turn as the teacher re-entered the room, clearly about not being able to vote. Time to make the move.

.......

After two more classes, Tikki was currently waiting up in the vents for Plagg. After the events of the teacher going crazy and trying to catch them, they figured going up in the vents out of sight. Speak of the devil, Plagg shot up through the floor to see an angry looking Tikki.

"I know what you're going to say Sugar-Cube," Plagg started but he was cut off.

"I don't even know where to start! What is going on with your holder?! He's fine when he's Chat Noir but his civilian form.... I just! You have no idea how upsetting it is to watch my holder cry herself to sleep!" Tikki exploded.

"I know! It's horrible! It is so hard to listen to him preach like this and watch her suffer. I want to cataclysm that sausage haired girl! I almost did once!" Plagg argued.

"The only thing getting me through it is Morgana! She's been giving my holder a new set of confidence. I will not have that jeopardised because your holder is a-a coward!" Tikki continued.

"I know... I've seen the change. The class today... even I know pigtails is MDC. Man, they are dumber than the dinosaurs," Plagg said with an eye roll.

"Plagg this is such a mess," Tikki said as she rubbed her eyes.

"I know. I have tried, honestly. I broke through at one point. But now... I think he's gone back. And I thought I didn't like people," Plagg stated.

"It's not that your holder doesn't like people. He's been alone so much he doesn't know how to talk to people. He doesn't know what bullying is because no one has ever done it to him. Everyone loves the idea of him. But no one knows him," Tikki said sadly.

"Yeah. It puts me off cheese," Plagg said.

"Really?" Tikki asked.

"Eh," Plagg said as his stomach grumbled.

"Either way, we can't do anything. Morgana has something big planned. I saw her look in class today. She's going to do something," Tikki said.

"You got it Sugar Cube!" Plagg teased.

"So funny Stinky Sock," Tikki said as she stuck out her tiny tongue.

.......

Marinette rubbed her head in exhaustion. After the events from the class, and the next ones with the gang coddling Lila, she was sure she was getting a migraine. Tikki had gone off somewhere and had come back, although she wouldn't say where. Marinette didn't bother her about it, it was probably something to do with the kwamis and she trusted Tikki completely. She was sitting by herself as usual, but she did feel slightly better today. People had come up to her and apologised for not doing enough after the incident the other day, to which she was very thankful about. As Marinette day-dreamed about designs and more, she felt a pat on the shoulder. Her head turned to see the cracked sunshine boy looking at her.

"Hey Marinette," Adrien said with a small smile. Marintte didn't return it but gave a polite nod.

"Yes?" she asked.