Part Eight: Family meetings

Ooh I wonder what this could mean? Family meetings are usually quite important, at least I think cause my family like never has them unless it's important.

Enjoy~

-----------------------------------
Makoto's house
(Makoto's pov)

It was nearing the end of the day, so everyone gathered to eat dinner together. We usually all talk about our day and other topics that interest us, but we haven't done much of that recently. So most of our meal was quiet except for the occasional small talk.

"So Makoto, I heard that you went our with some friends today. How are they all doing?" My father spoke up to break the silence. Oh yeah, I remembered I told my Mom I was going out with some friends today. That wasn't the truth, but I played along.

"Yeah it was pretty fun, we went to the mall to window shop for crazy things, or at least Nagisa did. All of them are doing pretty well. Did you know Haru has a girlfriend?" I told them curiously.

"Oh really? Good for him, maybe she'll get him to open up a bit more." Mom smiled at me.

"Speaking of girlfriends, oni-chan. When are you ever gonna get one?" Ren spoke for once, looking at me a bit judgingly. I heard from Ran recently that all the kids in their grade are already eager to date, so me not having one must sound uncool to Ren.

"Well uh Ren, you don't really rush these things, you know?" I told him, smiling nervously. He just stared at me for a bit before saying, "Soooo.... That's a no then?" .

Before I could say anything, Ran cut in.

"Oni-chan, I thought you went in a date yesterday." She said with a sly smile. What is she up to now?

"Makoto, I thought you said you were hanging out with Haru yesterday." My Mom said, looking at me suspiciously. I hate lying, especially when I'm caught doing it.

"I'm sorry Mom, I just didn't know of I should tell you. I'm really sorry." I told her, looking down at my plate.

"It's ok Makoto, we understand. But why didn't you tell us?" My Dad said sympathetically. If only I could tell him, but I just can't. But before I could say anything, Ran cut in again.

"It's because he went on a date with a guy." .

I couldn't believe she snitched on me, she is going to pay later. I couldn't bear to face them all now, so I just put my face into my hands. This had to be one of the most embarrassing things ever to happen to me.

My Mom and Dad just stared at me in silence while Ren said that I was disgusting and went up to his room. Ran left too, but it was for feeling bad about what she said.

Me and my parents stayed silent for a bit until my mother broke the silence.

"Makoto, sweety, look at me." She said sweetly yet firm. I didn't want to face her, but I can't say no to Mom. It took me a moment, but I worked up my courage and uncovered my face.

The first thing I saw was my Mom and Dad's faces. They were filled not with disgust or disgrace, but with compassion. Dad was looking at me seriously.

"Sweety, is what Ran said true? it's ok, you can tell us." Mom told me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I should be able to ell my parents anything, but i just couldn't get the words to come out right away. All I could do was nodd at them.

"It's alright son, it's perfectly ok for you to feel this way. It's who you are, we won't love you any less or anything if that's what you're worrying about." Dad reassured me. Who was I thinking, I probably have the most trustworthy parents in the world. I shouldn't have felt bad that they got to know this part of me.

"Makoto, we're completely fine with the fact that you're gay. Though I wished we got to hear about it in a better way. That must have been quite embarrassing for Ran to tell in you." Mom told me sympathetically.

I finally got the courage to speak again, " Yeah same here. I can't believe Ran did that, especially after she promised.".

"What did she promise with you exactly?" Dad asked me curiously.

"She promised that she wouldn't tell anyone that I was gay and that I liked some guy, the guy that I went in a date with yesterday. She even helped me write a letter confessing my feelings to him." I finally spit out to them.

"So that 'literature homework' was really a letter to this guy?" Mom asked. I nodded in response. Then both of them were silent for a moment, then whispered some things to each other that I couldn't quite catch.

"Ok then Makoto, since we have accepted your situation, I think we should have a family meeting." Dad said a bit serious. I wonder what the meeting is for exactly, I guess I'll find out the details soon.

Mom went to go fetch Ren and Ran, who both came down reluctantly, not wanted to look at me in the eye. We all sat back down at the table, and Dad started it off.

"You two probably want to know why I called you down here. I'm pretty sure you can guess from the previous behavior that happened here earlier that this meeting has to do with Makoto." He explained in a serious tone.

Ran looked like she understood but still felt ashamed of her actions that she looked down at her hands. Ren in the other hand just had an upset look in his face, probably still thinking I was a despicable human being.

"Ran, is there anything you would like to say to Makoto?" Mom asked Ran, sitting next to her.

It was only a moment or two later, but Ran came over to me in a hurry and hugged me tightly. I guess she felt bad afterall.

"I'm soooooo sorry oni-chan! I know I promised, but it just slipped out! Pleasssssse forgive meeeeeee!" Ran sobbed into my ear. "It's ok, it's ok Ran. I forgive you, ok?" I patted her back. I knew she was still the sweet girl she used to be.

"Now that that has been solved, we just have one more to go. Ren, is there anything you have to say?" Dad asked him firmly. I have a feeling that Ren won't be as easy to reason with. Afterall, he did seem quite set in his ways, I've never seen him look so serious and disgusted before with me.

"I don't have anything to say to that faggot over there." Ren said loudly. I can't believe Ren just called me that, he never curses.

"Ren! You apologize to Oni-chan right now!"  Ran defended me, it's good to know she has my back again.

"Just make me bitch-baby!" Ren yelled back, running out of the room and up the stairs. Well that was quite some family meeting.

"Oni-chan, are you ok?" Ran hugged me a bit tighter. "Yeah I'm ok with being called names, but are you ok? After all, his insult to you was pretty bad too." I smiled weakly at her. She just ignored me and buried her face in my neck. After that Dad went to have a one in one talk with Ren while me and Ran watched some Tv, Pokemon always cheers us up.

After an episode, I went up to bed. Dad was story trying to reason with Ren, but to not much avail. Through the wall, I caught some of their conversation.

"What do you mean it's who he is? It's weird and unnatural!" I heard Ren shout to Dad. All I heard before hopping into bed was Dad sighing and telling Ren he would talk to him in the morning.

Trying to sleep that night was hard, I just felt too awake to sleep. I had too many things on my mind, but eventually I drifted off into slumber.

---------------------------------------

Yay this part was interesting to write. Now Makoto's whole family knows he's gay, with some taking it better than others.

Woohoo, it's almost the end of the week! That means more time to write fanfiction x3

I'm actually going somewhere for most of the day on Saturday, but I still have Friday and some of Saturday and Sunday.

Cya then~

- Shay