Part Five: Double dates

Yahoo to part five, this will be fun.

So Makoto and Sousuke are going in a date, but what happens might not go according to their original plans.

And sorry that I didn't draw anything for this part's cover, I kinda got a little lazy plus a bit of artblock is dragging me down. I also wanted to finish another part before school starts, so I wrote a lot for ya guys.

Enjoy~

------------------------------
Saturday around noon at Samezuka
(Sousuke's pov)

Today was my first date with Makoto. If I said I wasn't nervous, that would be a huge lie. I feel that I'm just going to screw something up in our date today. I just pray it will go ok and I won't be a nervous wreck.

Rin was eyeing me suspiciously while I was picking out something to wear.

"Are you going on a date or anything? Why don't you just pick something already, Sousuke?" My red headed roommate spoke up from behind his sports magazine.

"Oh umm well I uhhh, it's none of your business, Rin." I stuttered out, more nervous sounding than I,wanted.

"Oh so it is a date, huh? Then why didn't you say so sooner? I could have helped ya pick out an outfit with some sense of fashion for once." Rin smirked while coming over towards me.

"Hey, I have some fashion sense. It's just not as flashy as yours." I countered back a little annoyed. It's true I pretty much have no fashion sense, but most of my clothes go together anyway so it doesn't affect me. Though today was different. Today I wanted to look extra nice for Makoto. I've never been in a date before, but don't you usually have to look somewhat nice for the other person or is that just in movies?

In the end of Rin's fashion help, he found me an outfit that was dull yet tasteful for me to wear. It was a dark blue plaid buttoned shirt and a pair of black jeans.

Rin even offered to be my wingman for my date but I kindly declined. Afterall, I can't have him find out my date is Makoto. Or at least not yet. And with that, I left to head towards the train station.

-----------------------------------------
Train station at noon
(Sousuke's pov)

I headed to the station, jogging a bit since I was a little late. Good going Sousuke, making your date wait. I arrived at the gate, surveying around for Makoto and finding him off to the side. He was talking to someone, but was blocking them so I couldn't see who.

As I approached, Makoto caught sight of me a waved. Now I could see clearly who was next to him.
Haru.

It had to be Haru. Wait, why was Haru even here? From what Makoto told me in our phone call, Haru knows about Makoto's and I's feelings towards race other. I guess I'll soon find out his reason soon anyway.

"Hey Sousuke! Oh, you probably wonder why Haru is here today. Well, he offered to kind of help me out on our date." Makoto told me a little nervously. Guess I wasn't the only one worrying about being a nervous wreck in our date. Then Haru spoke up.

"Don't worry about me getting in the way though. I just thought Makoto might be a bit nervous  So that's why I thought it would be a good idea to have a double date with you guys." He told me with his usual blank expression.

"Wait, a double date? Does that mean your girlfriend is going to be joining us?" I asked curiously.

"Yes it does. But don't worry, she's fine with the conditions concerning you too. Oh, there she is now." Haru pointed behind me.

I turned to meet a short statured girl with short wavy black hair and amber eyes walking towards us. She was dressed pretty modestly too, wearing a lavender striped cardigan and grey jeans. As she approached, she gave us a small smile and greeted us.