Part Three: Confessions are hard

Wow part three already? I'm so proud of myself, I usually write a paragraph and then give up.

Thanks to anyone who actually reads this story, it means a lot to me.

So yeah enjoy part three!

------------------------------------
(Makoto's pov)

I gently rolled on my bed. The clock read only 5:25 AM. Wow I was up early, especially on a Sunday. I had my whole day ahead of me, since I completed any work I needed to do yesterday.

The room was dark and quiet unlike the brightly filled active mind of mine. I just couldn't stop thinking about Sousuke, I wanted to know more about him. Oh if only he knew how much he meant to me and returned those feelings.

All of a sudden I had a crazy idea, yeah definitely crazy. If I want him to know how I feel about him, I should tell him or show him. Though my idea might take some thinking to do. After all I may be good at English, but I suck when it comes to literature. So I might as well get to work on it now, since it may take me a while.

It's been a while since I've been at it, and it's resulted in 6 rough drafts that are crumbled up in a corner of my desk.

"Oni-chan, what are you doing up so early? " Ran, my little sister, came into my room. I didn't mean to wake her up.

"Oh I'm just doing some writing that's all Ran." I smiled back. She returned the smile and turned to leave, but not before she could grab one of my rough drafts in her grabby little paws. I didn't have enough time to grab it back before she ran her eyes over the words I put on the paper before her.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, poems are pretty lame, and I think I might be gay for you." She said, which seemed to echo loudly throughout my room.

Usually I'm the calm and ok with pretty much anything Makoto, but I couldn't let her read it. Even though it may have been a bit late to stop her, I still took the crumpled paper from her hands. "You shouldn't read people's stuff without asking you know." I told her without looking her in the eye. Well, how could I after she found out my only secret I've ever kept from anyone. While I was red with embarrassment and looking at my feet waiting for her to leave, I felt her small hand placed onto my shoulder. When I looked up, she told me something that made me feel a whole lot better.

"It's ok oni-chan, I won't tell the others. I can help you if you want. No offense, but this could use some serious work." Ran reassured me with a small smile.

She wasn't weirded out by this, she even wanted to help me out. I got to admit, I have the best sister ever.

"Ok you can help me. I'm trying to write him a letter to show him how I feel, but I just can't find the right words to express it." I told her. "Hmmm well what's this guy like? What do you like about him?" She advised me. "Well he's about an inch or so taller than me. Also a swimmer, but on the Samezuka team. He has short black hair and dreamy teal colored eyes. And probably a great smile too, if he would ever smile. Though don't worry, he's not too intimidating or anything, just kind of stoic. Though not as stoic as Haru." I tried my best to explain him to her, maybe I don't know as much as I thought about him. It is true that we don't talk much, but we get along pretty well without any fights like Rin and Haru.

"Wow he seems like a good match oni-chan! I can already picture you too together....." Ran dreamed on next to me. Maybe she has a thing for yaoi or something that I don't know of. I think I  might have gotten myself into a bigger hole than the one I had originally dug.

After a bit of talking, we got to work. Ran just told mom and dad that she was helping me with literature homework, which she sometimes does anyway. A little bit after lunch was when we finished. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than what I might have ever written by myself. And with that done, I put it in an envelope and mailed it to Samezuka. I just hope no one else reads that letter before Sousuke, especially not a certain shark toothed red head roommate.

-------------------------------------
Samezuka, Sunday afternoon
(Sousuke's pov)

Ah nothing could beat relaxing in bed after a long day and a hot shower. Rin was gone to pick up any mail so I was lost in my own thoughts. Thoughts about Makoto. I'm pretty sure by now I know that I do have feelings for him that are more than just a feeling of friendship, but feelings of perhaps love?

The door of the dorm opened, revealing Rin flipping through a small stack of letters. He paused, then handed one to me.

"What's this?" I asked since I never get letters when it's not the holidays. Well whatever it was, I took it from Rin anyway. Rin teased me saying that it might be a love letter from one of my nonexistent fangirls, resulting in me pelting a pillow at him to run off to his own business.

I wonder what this could be. And more importantly, who is it from? All of my questions were soon answered when I opened the envelope.

It was an ordinary letter. So without further ado, I began to read the letter.
Dear Sousuke,
I know this may come as a surprise to you, but what I have to say just can't stay unsaid. I might as we'll tell you before I go in that I'm a pretty bad writer, I suck at literature. So to not embarrass myself to much, I had my sister help me write this.
Well besides that point, let's get in with the real point that I'm writing this letter to you. I know that we haven't known each other for a really long time, but it feels to me like we have. I'm not exactly sure of my feelings towards you, but they are definitely more than wanting to be friends. I hope you don't find this weird, and if you don't feel the same way then you can just pretend that this letter never happened.
I don't know if I truly love you or not but it kind of feels like that. Anyway, I would also like it if you didn't go and tell the others about this since I have no idea how they would react to it.
If you feel the same way by any chance, please tell me. The return address is on the back of this paper if you want to know.
From,
Makoto

I couldn't believe what I had just read. Makoto loved me, or at least he thinks so. What should I tell him? I mean I know I like him back in that kind of way, but how should I say it? I don't want to sound rude or desperate since that might give him the wrong idea. He's perfect, so I don't want to lose him.

It's a little late now to write him back, but I had the words fresh in my mind now I just had to. I'll just send it in the morning before classes start. It's a good thing that Rin was fast asleep for once thanks to all his rigorous swimming practices. The letter took me a bit, but was done by the time I usually went to bed. So I sealed the envelope and put it in my bag before I hit the hay. I hope I conveyed my feelings alright, I never really was good with words when it comes to things like these.

--------------------------------------

Wow was this one a doozy to write.

I always wanted to write a love letter someday, and it probably would have turned out like Makoto's attempt without Ran's help.

By the way the funny quote that Ran read out loud was actually my friend Zelda's idea, she's pretty funny sometimes. She also has kinda been helping me write this with hilarious ideas for parts of the story.

Anyway, this story has been really fun to write so far. I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am!

Now onto writing part four! I may use some puns, just to warn ya.

- Shay