[21] Two Close Friends

The friends walked out onto the field, stiles carried a bag filled with balls and a lacrosse stick while the McCalls followed behind him. He sat on the bench, pulling out a black strap. "Put this on," he asked.

Scott observed the strap, "Isn't that one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" He asked.

"Yeah, I borrowed it." stiles explained.

Angel scoffed, "You mean Stole it." she corrected making him squint at the smirking girl. "Temporarily misappropriated." he huffed, "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs. You're going to wear it the rest of the day," he explained.

Scott pointed down to the phone, "Isn't that Coach's phone?" he raised an eyebrow. "That I stole." he nodded.

The girl laughed, "This is your plan?"

He sighed and began to explain himself, "All right, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right?" he asked the shaggy-haired boy,  "When your playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry." he continued. "Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate." the girl hugged her bare shoulders as the cold breeze fanned over her skin while Scott realised something, "Like the Incredible Hulk?" he smiled.

"Kinda like the Incredible Hulk, yeah-"

Scott nodded his head, "No, I'm like the Incredible Hulk." He said with a big smile plastered over his face. "Would you just shut up and put the strap on." Angel let out a huge and exaggerated laugh. "Thats what she said." she let out in between laughing as the boys walked off.

Scott was stood with his hands held behind his back as Stiles duct taped his wrists together. "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period," Scott complained while Stiles picked up the lacrosse stick and bag before walking further back.

Angel followed after him as he glanced down at the phone to look at the heart monitor. "I'm starting to think this is a really bad idea," Scott said.

"Right," he picked up the ball into the stick, "you ready?" he asked.

"No," Scott answered.

Stiles shot the ball at him, it hit off of his stomach making him hunch over in pain. "Remember, don't get angry." he laughed as he got picked up another ball and tossed it, smacking Scott on the shoulder. "Oh! Okay, that one kinda hurt." he groaned, regaining his balance. "Quiet. Remember, your supposed to be thinking about your heart rate, all right. About staying calm."

Angel laughed at how funny the whole situation was, her brother was being hit with lacrosse balls, on purpose, to get him to stay calm and not turn into a literal werewolf. "Stay calm." Scott hyped himself up, "Staying calm. Staying totally calm." jumping slightly to motivate himself. "There's no balls flying at my-" he was cut off by a ball hitting off his shoulder just missing his face.

Before another hit him.

And another.

And again another.

Scott groaned in pain, "Oh! Son of a bitch!" he shouted.

The boy staggered, as Stiles twirled the lacrosse stick in his hands. "You know what, I think my aim is actually improving." he smiled as Scott scoffed at him, "I wonder why."

The monitor started to go up. "Ah, buh, buh, Don't get angry." stiles said as he placed yet again, another ball into the stick.

Seeing the pure look of satisfaction on stiles' face made her want to join in on the fun. "Hey, lemme give it a shot." she held out her hand to which stiles handed the stick to her.