"Be a good boy for Aunt Michonne and your sister," I smiled and kissed his head, "Mommy will be back soon, okay? I love you," I caressed Judith's head and whispered a quick 'I love you to her' before embracing Selena. Daryl let out another frustrated grumble as he led us outside. The sun shone brightly in the sky, and the breeze was terrific against the heat. Daryl had decided on an SUV instead of his signature motorcycle. I was almost sure that he would force me on the back of his bike to sway me from coming, but not only would I have been uncomfortable, but he would've been, too.

I slammed the passenger door shut and leaned back in my seat, my head, body, and heart hurting. Daryl climbed in and zoomed towards the gates, nodding at the men as we peeled away from Alexandria. Most of the drive was silent, with glares being shot at me by the angry driver. Daryl didn't hide how much he hated this. The logical side of me knows that I shouldn't be out here—that I should be with my kids and Michonne, preparing to give birth, but the illogical, stubborn, emotional side wants to look for Rick and make myself useful one last time.

Daryl sped through the streets, his foot heavy on the gas pedal, and the surrounding woods around us passing by in a blur. He doesn't need to say anything for me to know that he's pissed. I've known Daryl for so long to know when he's mad at me. He doesn't think I should be out here, but he doesn't understand. I need to be out here. He must know that I'm using the whole one last time as an excuse to search for the man I love one final time before I'm stuck behind the walls. I need to find Rick—alive or dead, but I will find him. The drive, although Daryl was driving fast, went by agonizingly slow. It went from a few glares here and there to complete denial that I was even in the car with him. I bit my lip and sighed, my hands massaging my lower back as it continued to cramp. My muscles screamed at me, sending shockwaves throughout my body and making me uncomfortable. A groan escaped my lips as I kneaded away at the tense group of muscles. Daryl turned to me briefly, his light blue eyes squinting as he realized I was uncomfortable.

"You okay there?" He grumbled, finally speaking to me. I would have started moaning and groaning a while ago if I had known that being in this much pain and discomfort would make him talk to me.

"My back is killing me," I let out another groan as the baby kicked me squarely in my ribs, forcing me to let out a low hiss, "And this kid is trying to kill me,"

Daryl reached over and placed a warm hand on my gigantic stomach, his calloused hands rubbing it over as the baby kicked underneath him. I watched a small smile spread across his lips as the baby sent a sharp kick towards the peak of my stomach, right under his hand. The baby went crazy under his touch, practically tossing and turning around as if it were trying to get closer to the ragged man next to me. I don't know what I'd do if Daryl weren't here. He's been my rock since Rick disappeared, and he's gone above and beyond, doing his absolute best to be there for my children and me.

Judith is too young to understand where her daddy went, and it hurts me when I see her looking around as if she's searching for him. She's still young right now. If we find Rick tomorrow or a few months from now, she would just think he went on a trip or something—she wouldn't know that he went missing, and I went crazy trying to find him. Thad would never remember this, and this new baby wouldn't know this ever happened. I hope we find him soon for my sake—not only my sake but for the sake of my children. I don't know how much longer I can go without him. It feels like a part of me is missing.

"You should try sleeping," Daryl suggested, "We're going to be driving for a while. This place is about three hours away," I nodded and shifted in my seat, trying to relieve some of the pressure from my back. The pain spread to the front towards my lower abdomen and radiated to my legs. It made me nervous, but I'm not forcing him to turn back. I need to be out here. I fidgeted until I finally found a comfortable spot and placed my hand on Daryl's, holding it down as the baby went crazy.