"Well, of course I meant the time before the paps found us." I raised an eyebrow at her. She wasn't regarding me ever since we got inside the vehicle, and as much as I hate to admit it, it's hurting me. "Didn't . . . didn't you have fun?"

"What did we do wrong?" She asked me instead, or at least that's what I thought since she made no indication that the question was directed at me.

She couldn't even look me in the eye anymore.

"We were doing alright. We were hiding well," she claimed, shaking her head and stopping at the red light, but she still won't look at me. "Nobody suspected us. So, who the fuck told them?"

This . . . this is what enraged me. I had to twist my body at an uncomfortable angle just to face her fully.

I could actually feel my veins almost pop at the ire that consumed me. I felt like I'm radiating so much anger but even that won't make her look at me, which is why I couldn't hold it in.

"Why do you love hiding us so much!?" I exploded inside the car.

It was almost satisfying to see that my voice has jolted her out of this one-sided conversation of hers. She finally looked over at me, but I suddenly wished she hadn't.

Her eyes were brimming with tears and her lips were quivering. The smile on her face when she greeted me outside my apartment was now a frown I can never erase from my memory.

It wasn't a look of sorrow she's showing me.

It was almost . . . almost like a look of regret.

"Why . . . why did you even pursue me?" I whispered underneath my breath, but it was audible enough that I saw her breath hitched.

That question came out of my mouth with no permission. But it was a question I had in my head for months while we were hiding from the world.

I watched her shake her head slowly. Then when the red light turned green, she simply drove again.

She didn't answer my question, but I didn't comment on it. Instead, I heaved a silent sigh and leaned my head against the car window.

For the first time since we were together, I prayed that this car ride would go faster.

XXX

A few minutes passes by and Harry brings a plate of a cheeseburger and fries on my table before he leaves me for a while to cater to other customers. I debate whether to take a photo of my food or an Instagram reel, and decide to ask permission from Jesy.

She told me to inform her of everything that I'm about to do, after all. And so I texted her:

Would it be the end of the world if I post a picture of my food on IG?

To which she replied quickly and dryly: If you want to expose where you are, be my guest.

I don't think I'm exposing where I am, just my food, you know.

Another dry reply: You don't know how smart your fandom is, idiot. Remember that time you just took a picture of a birdcage, and everyone figured out that you're in my house? You suck at subtlety. Period. Can't risk it.

I didn't bother to dignify that with another response, and instead just proceeded to dig into my burger, the disappointment settling in my stomach at the thought of not being to share even my food in social media.

A fleeting thought pops up in my head, and without thinking, I send the picture of my food to Perrie's number. And it wasn't until it said 'sent' that I feel like it's probably the worst thing I have ever done. But I try not to think about that anymore and just go with it.

I'm in love with your food, btw. Hope that at least makes you smile today :) I'll wait for you at your restaurant

"Well, if it isn't Jade Thirlwall."

My eyes snap up to see Liam taking a seat in front of me as I slowly chew my burger. With a raised brow, I nod in greeting. I hope Liam notices that I'm eating and therefore couldn't say anything as of the moment.

"Hope you don't mind my company," he says, belatedly sheepish now.

I shake my head and swallow before speaking, "Nope, you're good."

"Pez isn't here yet?"

"She's . . . at home now," I answer as best as I can. "Where's Cait?"

"We have no class today," he answers, shrugging. "She wants to stay at home till her sisters comes back."

"I thought she was with Perrie when she went away last Tuesday?" I ask, curious because surely if Perrie's going out of town, she surely wouldn't leave her little sister to her own devices, would she?

At least, she doesn't look like it, anyway. I keep on forgetting I don't know her that well yet.

Liam furrowed his brow. "Pez doesn't let Cait go with her to the cemetery so, I doubt the other day's an exception to that."

One word made my ears perk up figuratively and without a second of hesitation, I repeated, "Cemetery?"

It takes a full three seconds for Liam to finally register what I had said. And when he finally does, his face screams 'holy shit'.

A/n:

Sorry for the wait :/

Hoped you guys enjoyed a little sneak peek of Jade's relationship with Dani.

Soon, I'll be revealing her and Steve's :)

Don't worry, Jerrie's still the real deal here ;)