Seokrona Au :- Pasta home date (oneshot)

This incident takes place in episode 8 according to the show's current timeline after seokrona's breakup.

It's a bittersweet oneshot since this will be rona remembering their happy memories so I can't assure you will be smiling at the end of this.

Anywho, let us begin

  *****************************

Rona sat alone in her room after returning from the police station. Suryeon ajhumma had told her she would get the watch fixed and return it to her and how she had suspected that the watch could be some clue related to Oh yoon hee's death. She let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair as she laid down on her soft bed. It was coming back to her again, his words and his gaze. She didn't have time to think about the breakup since the police had called her but now that she was all alone, she couldn't help but think about his words again.

"We wouldn't work out anyways. After what my father did to you, what could we ever do?"

"Let's breakup. I can't do this anymore."

"I'm serious"

The words kept resonating in her head as her eyes grew watery again. But the main thing that had been stuck in her head was the way he had looked at her. The way his lips trembled as he spoke, the tears slipping down his face as he boarded the elevator. They all screamed a complete different emotion. Rather than getting rid of her from his life, it was as if he was getting rid of himself from her life. Why would he do that? Rona did not understand. The guy who had been with her since the day he found out she was alive and had been the only person she had completely relied on after yoon hee's death was no longer next to her anymore. It was over. He cut himself off. He chose to fall out of her life. Why?

Rona suddenly got a text from Jenny saying that she and Mari ajhumma would be not be coming home tonight because some work came up and asking her to order some food and go to sleep instead of waiting for them. She broke into a faint smile. Atleast she still had Jenny. In the past months, seokhoon and Jenny had given their all in trying to make her feel better and she was so grateful to them.

Rona took a deep breath and walked out of her room as she looked through the pantry to see if she could make something instead of ordering food. Standing alone in her living room suddenly brought back a distant, warm memory. A time when yoon hee was alive and when seokhoon was still by her side...

(Flashback to 8 months ago... )

"Again? You are not coming home again? Eomma what are you even doing these days?" Rona scolded her mother as she frowned. "Sorry rona-ya, I just have a lot of work. This is the last time, I promise!" Rona sighed after the call ended as she sat on her couch with an annoyed expression. She still wanted to spend all the time she had with her mom after having been apart for so long but it seemed like her mom was very busy with work since the day she was released.

Just then the doorbell rang and Rona looked up in confusion. Who could it possibly be at this hour? She opened the door to see a handsome, familiar face look at her with his usual smile. "Seokhoon-ah?" The guy's hair was still wet as if he had just come out of the shower and it seemed as if he had thrown on whatever clothes he could get his hands on from his closet. He was wearing a loose sky blue sweatshirt with black comfy sweatpants and in he was carrying a bag full of groceries. "What are you doing here right now?" Seokhoon simply smiled and used his free hand to grab her hands as they both walked inside Rona' s apartment.

"I just got a call from your mom. She said you were upset coz she isn't home tonight so she gave me the job to take care of your mood." He explained calmly as he set the bag of groceries on the kitchen counter. "And how exactly are you going to do that?" Rona questioned folding her arms as she stood by the dinner table.

"I'm going to make you dinner." He said as he continued to remove the groceries one by one. "Really?You?" Seokhoon looked up as if he was offended. "What? You don't trust me?" Rona broke into a series of soft chuckled as she walked up next to him and linked her arm around his. "No, I trust you. I trust you the most." Seokhoon's ears turned red as he cleared his throat, clearly flustered. "Pasta. And I'm not allowing you to reject me a second time so better eat it." He said as he looked at her and pulled out a packet of uncooked penne pasta.

"Aigoo, were u upset?" Rona teased as she rested her against his arm and smiled as she watched him chop up some vegetables. "Rona-ya, do you plan to stand here the whole time?" Seokhoon asked as his face changed into the deepest shade of red. "Of course...I'm gonna stay right he-...yah...your face is so red...do you have a fever?" Rona finally unlinked her arm and placed her small head on his forehead. "Why is your face so hot?" She asked looking at him I'm concern.

"Ah its nothing your hand is just too cold. Relax I won't burn your kitchen down..I'm joo seok hoon remember?" Seokhoon started rambling as he finally started to calm down his heartbeat. Rona smiled as she looked at his cute behaviour. "Right..." She muttered as she sat on a chair next to the dining table and rested her chin on her hands as she lovingly watched Seokhoon prepare the pasta carefully whole referring to a recipe that she knew yoon hee had given him.

"I'm done" Seokhoon said after a while as he poured the white pasta in a huge bowl, stuck two forks into it and brought it to the center of the table. He sat opposite to Rona and he gave her one fork. "Taste it" She smiled as she took the fork from him and took a small bite. "Mmhmm.." She said as she looked at Seokhoon's eyes that nervously anticipated her response. "I guess you really are perfect...this is so good.." She said ending his anxious misery as she smiled smiled him and continued to eat.

Seokhoon heaved a huge sigh if relief as he wiped the sweat that had formed on his forehead. "You did a good job, seokhoon-ah" Rona said as she lifted a mouthful of pasta and brought it near his mouth. He smiled and opened his mouth and took a bite as his face again started to become red. The two continued to enjoy the pasta as they laughed and talked about random things.

They soon found their heads only inches apart as they continued to eat the pasta. Rona looked up and her eyes locked with seokhoon as their smile faded and both of them gulped nervously. It was similar to the situation they had been in in while ago after coming back from the dinner with suryeon ajhumma and seokkyung. Rona saw seokhoon was thinking about the same thing but was holding back.

"Uh..the pasta is over, let's clean up.." He muttered as he tried to get up but Rona stopped him by holding his arm down. "Seokhoon-ah...you do know that we are dating right?" She said softly as she smiled. "Huh? Y-yeah...I know that...wh-why?" His nervousness was getting the best of him as his eyes moved nervously. Rona inched closer. "So that means it's okay to do that." She said in a softer voice. "Do what?" Seokhoon asked as he stared at her. "This" Rona leaned forward and pressed her lips on seokhoon's. She could still taste some of the pasta that had been on his lips. Seokhoon's eyes widened as he sat stunned at what was happening.

Rona pulled back as she stood up and picked up the bowl and collected the fork that had fallen from seokhoon's hand as she proceeded to go the kitchen. Her heart was thumping loudly against her chest. She couldn't believe she actually just kissed him. Internally, she was screaming. She placed the vessel on the sink and began to clean them.

Seokhoon was still in shock and continued to sit on the table, eyes wide open. "We just.. kissed right?" He muttered as he got up slowly and walked up to her. "Yes...that's right.. haha.." Rona replied trying her level best to not lose her exterior cool since on the inside she was already all over the place. They quietly stood next to each other as he helped her wash the dishes. Rona smiled and so did seokhoon. To be together like this, to not be worried about everything and go through pain all the time... after so long she was finally able to smile with seokhoon beside her. Things were just perfect.

"Thank you seokhoon-ah for being with me."

"I'm never leaving you alone ever again. I'm going to protect you so no one can make you cry ever again. I promise."

(flashback end)

Rona sat on her couch as tears streamed down her face. "I'm alone again, seokhoon-ah...and you are not here...again..."

And that was the first oneshot. Funny how the first one is an angst lol.

I hope u liked it :))

Xoxo,
Nova❤