16: Calling It Close ~♪

[unedited]

SCENE I

"Please take a seat, and I am terribly sorry your friend couldn't join us."

After following Albedo through many hallways and even a flight of stairs, you found yourself welcomed into a tiny, cluttered room with a singular, wooden chair resting in the middle of the room. You sat and peered around, trying to make clear of all the mess. There were books everywhere, beakers and the like strewn about, some of them holding chemical concoctions that cost you some suspicion. In this room, you definitely had to watch where you were stepping, for you knew from experience that alchemy isn't something to be taken lightly. It could be very dangerous.

An interesting fact about alchemy is that at first glance any average human would think this lab just needed to be cleaned. They would assume that all the papers, notes, and crucibles were just an unorganized mess caused by an unorganized scientist. This is not true. In fact, an alchemist sees it as the exact opposite. To the alchemist, every single thing is there for a reason, and every single thing has its own place. Alchemists are busy beings, you knew this all too well, so even though the clutter caused the room to be a bit suffocating, you withstood it, for this Chief Alchemist didn't have that honorable title for nothing.

You adjusted your clothes to fit comfortably against the the seat of the chair, and carefully watched the man in front of you. Although seemingly kind and charming, he was assigned to investigate a terrible incident concerning you. And even though that Rosaria girl mentioned this meeting was purely to uncover what happened at Starsnatch Cliff, you still had to keep your guard up, for you would not allow him to find out too much.

You watched as Albedo swerved around his desk that was positioned in front of your chair and grabbed a stack of neatly complied papers, tapping the edges against the surface as to make it even neater. Then, he cleared his throat and began with a simple gesture of kindness.

"Before we begin, I'd like to ask if there is anything I can get for you. Perhaps a glass of water? Juice? Is there anything you would like?" His soothing voice rung like church bells in your ears. You hated the situation you were in right now, being questioned and all, but if his voice was the one asking questions, you would gladly listen all day long. (an: i need to touch grass)

In response, you shook your head slightly and smiled, making sure to hold the best posture you could. "That's very kind of you, but I must decline. I'm alright for now."

He nodded back at you and gracefully rested himself in the chair by his desk, arranging the papers he held in an orderly fashion across the wood. It went quiet for a moment as Albedo pondered to himself, but after a few seconds of silence, he spoke up.

"As you already know, I will be addressing the incident that happened a few days prior at Starsnatch Cliff." He took a breath. "You are the victim, which means you are also our prime witness, therefore you can provide a lot of help in this investigation. We are here to help you and you are here to help us, understand?"