Capture the flag

An abandoned theme park was our location to play capture the flag at. I don't know why but I'm not complaining. Once Four finished picking our team, which was team blue, we all gathered together.

"Alright lights off gather around come on" Four says holding our flag and we all turn our blue lights on our vests off. "Okay, what's our strategy?" Everyone started talking at the same time. I start thinking and then my eyes travel to the Ferris wheel and my mind lights up. I back away from the group and start climbing it.

"You're not gonna jump are you?" Fours voice says. I look down to him standing there. I chuckle and shake my head.

"No I'm just trying to get a good vantage point" I say and begin climbing again.

"Good thinking" He says and I hear another set of limbs start to climb. I look down. Okay then.

"You don't have to come with me"

"You should go easy, Peter got you pretty hard" He says. I roll my eyes.

"Surprised you noticed. Saw you leave during the fight" I say.

"Yeah well, it wasn't exactly easy to watch" He says. Oh.

"Yeah well I still won" I say smiling.

"I know" I could hear the pride in his voice. For some reason it made my stomach flip. I was so caught up in my mind that I wasn't prepared when one of the bars under me collapsed. I gasped and felt arms hold me up by the waist. I let out a shaky breath. I could feel his hand on the exposed skin of my hips. I felt like I was on fire. My hips tingled all the way to my feet. I blinked to contain my emotions.

"You good? You okay?" Four asks. I gulp.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" and keep climbing.

"This is high enough" He says. I look up and frown.

"No we need to go higher" I say continuing to go up. After I don't hear him following I look back down. Then realization hit. "You alright?" I ask with a smirk. He doesn't reply. "You're afraid of heights"

"Everyone's afraid of something" He says. I started climbing again.

"I didn't think you were afraid of anything" I say. I hear his protests before he started climbing again. Once we hit the very centre of the Ferris wheel I realized we need to go higher.

"Come on Ror" Four complains. My heart flutters at the nickname. I push the thought away and keep climbing. "Really? Are you even human?"

I chuckle and keep going. Once I decided we were high enough I stopped and waited for him to catch up. I smiled at his nervous state and when he caught me staring I couldn't help but look into his brown eyes.

"This isn't so bad" I say. He gives me a look. I look past him and point. "Look" he turned around and we could see a green flag in the bell tower from the other team. He smiled.

———

"Alright, what's your plan?" Four asks once we get back down to our team.

"We split into two groups, we'll go up the side while the others engage Eric" I say. Four, Tris, Chris, will, Al and I stuck to the plan and snuck our way onto the other teams side. We were right in front of the tower when the other team rushed out. I smirked and got my gun ready.

"Oh it's on baby" I say. Four gives me a look.

"Follow me, go" Four says. We follow him. Once it was in the clear Tris, Chris, and I split off and ran to the tower. We got halfway there and then hid behind boxes. Just when I thought it was clear I saw Peter  about to shoot Chris.