Aptitude test

Today was an important day. I was talking the aptitude test. The test that was supposedly going to tell me where I belong in our society. I don't know how to feel. Should I be scared? Nervous? All I know is that if I don't get abnegation I'll have to leave my family. My mom is the most selfless woman you'll ever meet, hence why she's in abnegation. My Brother Dante, he's my best friend. He was there to defend the bullies and kept me fed and warm. My dad.... Tries. He doesn't pay me much attention. Dante has always been his favourite. He would never admit it out loud to my face, but he doesn't have to. The only times he ever really speaks to me is when I start the conversation.

I was in my room getting ready for the test. My hair was down and the dark brown strands fell down my back into their natural curls. I applied light mascara and a little bit of blush to add some colour into my pale skin. Moms rule about makeup is that it has to look like I'm not wearing any. To be completely honest I wasn't ugly, I actually quite liked the way I looked. My eyebrows were pretty full, as well as my lips. I put on my regular abnegation clothes which consists of grey baggy skirts and drapes. It wasn't flattering what so ever. No one would ever know what my body looked like under this.

After getting bullied from other kids I started working out whenever I had spare time. It was hard, so whenever we had to deliver food to the factionless I would volunteer and take that up opportunity to run. After the years of doing that, I built muscle.

"Hey" I heard. I looked up and saw Dante walking into my room. He sat down beside me as he ate a bag of peanuts. His favourite. I smiled at him and took some.

"Hey. So how you feeling about the test?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I think that we should trust the test. Whatever happens happens, whatever you choose I just want you to know you have 100% of my support" He says hugging me. I smile gratefully and hug him tighter.

"Some goes for you"

"Kids you should get going! You don't want to be waiting in that line all day" I hear mom call from downstairs. I let out a sigh and we head downstairs and leave.

As we walked we saw all five of the factions standing outside the school waiting to take their tests. Well everyone except dauntless. When we got in line looking at all of the different factions got overwhelming. Was I honest? Kind? Selfless? Smart? Or brave? My train of thought was cut off by... a train. The dauntless train. They all cheered as the jumped off and ran to the school. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. They looked so free.

———————

Dante and I along with other abnegation people were lined up in front of a door. The doors opened and I looked at my older brother and let out a breath.

"It'll be okay" He says before walking in. I nod and walk in as well.

When I opened the door I was met with a room full of mirrors and an orange glow that lit up the room. I looked at my appearance in the mirror, we weren't allowed to look at ourselves for a long period of time.

"What is it with you abnegation and mirrors?" The woman in the room says while typing on her computer. I shrug.

"We reject vanity" I say.

"Yeah I know, sit down" She says. I do as told and sit in the chair.

"I'm tori, I'll be administering your test. You'll be offered a series of choices to test your aptitude for each faction,until you get one result. I wouldn't sweat it 95% get the faction of their origin, and by the looks of you..." she says. I furrow my eyebrows. Should I be offended? She then hands me a blue liquid.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Bottoms up" she says. I don't question it and I down the drink. It didn't taste nor smell like anything. I didn't feel anything different, that was until I looked over and Tori and her set up was gone. I furrowed my eyebrows and got out of the chair. I walked towards the mirror and held my hand up and touched it. I then looked around and saw that the whole room had turned into some kind of mirrors room. This was trippy.