Once I was done eating I poured myself a beer and I lit a cigarette. I feel much better know.

It was Monday and I was sitting in the shade under a tree. I was having mixed emotions. I just got a call from the mine to inform me that I got the job. Aunt Diane was of course happy but I just didn't know how to feel. I have to go the mine during the week so that they can inform me of how I'm going to get started. I sighed I guess I'll have to tell Timmy then.

Timmy was actually happy for me and gave me Thursday and Friday morning off. It was Friday and I was thinking about yesterday at the mine. I'll be going off for training in two weeks' time. I'll be in the city for another two weeks. I then have to train onsite. I won't be starting with $4000 a month but it's definitely going to be a whole lot more than I earn at Timmy's.  

When I was there I saw the guys looking at me like I was a piece of meat. They've got another thing coming. Then there will be those douchebags who want to prove a point to women who want to work in a man's world. Well I'm not going there to prove something. I just want do something better with my life. Those fools won't be paying my wage so they can go to hell. I'll be joining them there and they'll be wishing they were still alive.  

I also know they're going to give me shit jobs first. Like cleaning engines. That is shit work. You have dissemble, clean and assemble it back again. Oh well I'm going not going into the work with a fantasy dream about how things will be. It's going to be a long, dirty and rough journey for me. I know that.  

Seeing that I'll be working with heavy stuff. I decided to start exercising again. It was more weight training. I was now in the garage almost done with my last weight when I heard skates and shouting. I finished and did a few stretches. I wiped the sweat off with my towel and took a sip of water. I opened the garage door and looked at the scene in front me.  

I walked and saw Aunt Diane standing by the fence and went to go stand by her.  

"What's going on?" I asked.  

"Roller-skating redneck style" she laughed. Roller-skating do people still do that.  

I saw Carl sitting on the grass in front of his house he had roller-skates on. His friends were around him and helped him to the road.  

"So Carl are you ready?" his one friend asked. 

"I'm ready just give me my beer." Carl answered. Oh no!  

They gave him his beer and but still held onto him.  

"On your marks! Get set! Go!" everyone yelled.  

They let go of him and he started skating down the road. Everyone cheered for him. He passed our house and took a sip of his beer. He started losing his balance and I realised he wanted to stop himself. He leaned backwards then forward. He must've forgotten he had skates on as he was taking big steps but because of the skates he was going too fast. He took a step but lost his balance and fell forward. It looked so ridiculous with the beer in his hand. 

Everyone started bursting out with laughter. I leaned against the wooden fence and laughed. My stomach was hurting and tears were coming out my eyes. What made things even more crazy was the actual laughter. Us southerners, especially the woman, have a very distinctive laugh and it's contagious.  

"He still got his beer in his hand." Someone yelled. I looked and saw he got up and that beer was there.  

I kept on laughing but I had to get to work and my way to the house.

It's Saturday and I was getting ready for work. Timmy said I needed to look extra pretty tonight. So here I am. I curled my hair, put on makeup and wore my best and sexiest clothes. I wore a purple ¾ sleeve flannel shirt. I wore denim shorts and my lingerie was black and purple lace. I decided on wearing black heels but I bought my sandals with me. The heels was just for show when I entered.