summer crushes

"Did you know that you were my first love?" Jeongin confesses out of the blue and the way Chan blinks at him, astonished, before he bursts out laughing doesn't even give Jeongin the opportunity to be embarrassed about it. He joins the older in laughing.

"What?" Chan splutters through his giggles.

"Yeah!" Jeongin says, as if offended that Chan was doubting him. "I mean, you were the older boy that took care of everyone in the cabin, and we were pretty close, so of course I had a crush on you."

"I'm only two years older than you." Chan's laughter starts to die down but there's still so much humour in his face when he looks at the younger.

Jeongin snorts. "So? You're still older than me."

"What about now?" Chan asks; there's a small spark in his eyes, a slight sheen that's akin to hope as he looks at Jeongin. "You still have a crush on me?"

Jeongin narrows his eyes at Chan, then jabs a finger onto the older's shoulder to push him. "Don't get cheeky with me."

"That's not an answer." Chan grins at him teasingly and Jeongin huffs. He didn't think Chan would make a big deal out of it. For God's sake, Jeongin was eleven when he decided that he had a crush on thirteen-year old Bang Chan. A lot has changed since then.

"I'm not giving you an answer." Jeongin sticks his tongue out at Chan, reminding the older of the hyper-active but timid kid he shared a cabin with during summer camp. Chan reaches over and pinches his cheek, much like how he would when Jeongin was being particularly adorable.

Maybe not everything has changed.

--------------------

11112021-02162022

summer crushes; bang chan x yang jeongin

side ships:
seo changbin x lee felix
lee minho x han jisung
hwang hyunjin x kim seungmin