⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟐

Start from the beginning

"no." yunhee calmly replied as she unhooked her mother's fingers from her collar. "you're assuming things. i came here as a caring daughter to warn you about the dangers you're in, but you chose to take it the wrong way. i hope you take what i said into consideration and try to lead a better life from now on. i suppose we'll probably never see each other again, so goodbye, mother."

yunhee did the most unexpected and bravest thing she could: she hugged her mother. she took in the strong smell of cigarettes. the last time she had hugged her was most likely when she was a toddler, so it was very unusual and new to her.

her mother hadn't reacted in time, too taken aback to process what happened, and yunhee quickly pulled away to rush across the road to the order.

watching from the door, her mother dropped the cigarette onto the grass as yunhee disappeared again, leaving her an empty feeling inside of her. not just because that was how she usually felt, heartless and cold, but also because she may have started to understand her daughter. just a little.

"good job, kid." tonks said as they flew towards mark's house.

"thanks." yunhee replied.

the time in the air wasn't long but was long enough for yunhee to know she didn't like flying or using a broomstick. she felt so unsecured like she would fall off really easily. she was thankful when her feet met the ground again.

hagrid knocked on the door to mark's house and it opened only a second later. jeno and renjun were first to enter the house, throwing themselves at mark. the poor boy was startled so bad he almost fell back.

"mark!" yunhee exclaimed, joining them.

"hello, mark! you're looking fit." hagrid greeted.

"yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous." moody said with the same tone as his name while pushing his way inside the house. "what say we get undercover before someone murders him?"

"lovely as always, moody." mark joked then turned to kingsley. "i thought you were looking after the prime minister."

"you are more important." kingsley replied.

everyone was talking, excitedly, catching mark up on everything he may have missed. yunhee felt much better now that she was with her friends again.

"by the way, wait till you hear the news. remus and i—" tonks began to say but was cut off by moody.

"alright. we'll have time for a cosy catch up later."

yunhee was just beginning to process what tonks was about to announce and then it finally clicked. her hand flew to her mouth as she turned to look at the older woman.

"shut up." she gasped, pointing to tonks stomach. "you... you're..."

"yes." tonks replied, nodding her head, aggressively, and yunhee started jumping up and down, cheering.

"enough of that. we've got to get the hell out of here. and soon." moody interrupted again. "mark, you're underage, which mean you've still got the trace on you."

"what's the trace?" mark asked what yunhee was about to ask.

"if you sneeze, the ministry will know who wipes your nose. we have to use those means of transport the trace can't detect: brooms, thestrals and the like. we go in pairs. that way if anyones out there waiting for us, and i reckon there will be, they won't know which mark lee is the real one."

"the real one?" mark questioned as moody pulled out a flask of polly juice potion that jeno was already dreading drinking. he remembered when he drank it in his second year. it was probably one of the worst things he had ever tasted, whereas renjun and mark didn't think it was too bad.