𝐢. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

sanjana ganesan
pov

sanjana ganesan pov

"Oh.my.god! Sanjanaaa!!!!! You are interviewing the Indian players and travelling with them this summer !!! Show some excitement girl !!" yelled my best friend and colleague Avyaan Sinha.

Yes! I am interviewing and travelling with the Indian cricket team this summer but it's not just me. Avyaan himself has also got this opportunity and we both along with the crew would be travelling with the team. We were the official broadcasters for the upcoming series and were being sent to catch the behind the scenes of the team. Our contracts were signed and were informed about all the rules by our head that we had to follow. The topmost being not disturbing or utilising time that is meant for the boys to train and many more such rules.

"Avyaan, even you are coming with me so stop acting like it's just me going," I exclaimed. No, I wasn't as thrilled as Avyaan but that didn't mean I wasn't excited. I was nervous to meet them or more specifically him. I was to interview the two players today and that's what made me all this nervous and giddy. I wasn't ready to face him after 8 years of no contact. I brushed away all these thoughts and let destiny play its game, let destiny do its work.

"Avyaan, when do we interview the boys? For the pre-series?" This is the interview that I was dreading. We were interviewing him, Jasprit Bumrah along with KL Rahul wanting to know how both the bowler group and batsmen were preparing themselves.

"Today, in about two hours from now, as you know it's KL Rahul and Jasprit Bumrah who would be our first guests." he said casually until he realised the two names he said, "Shit shit shit, Sanjana, you can skip if you want, I would cover up for you," he immediately offered. I would have agreed if it was a one time thing but how long would I ignore him. Eventually I would have to face him when we travel together or when I would be there for various segments and behind the scenes of the team.

"Avyaan, I can't run away. I would have to face him eventually today or tomorrow, so let me just get done with it," I said. "I am in my office and I will meet you in the recording room in sometime, is that alright?" I asked. We had to be there before the players and get ourselves ready with all the makeup, lights, etc. He agreed and I heard him ask someone to send my hazelnut coffee to my cabin. I don't know when and how time passed but it was my time to report for my job.

I entered the recording room and found the crew setting up the place with the lights and cameras while Avyaan seemed to be getting ready as he got out of the change room. I quickly got myself changed and ready with the make-up touch ups that were needed.

Stressed. Nervous. Anxious. Tense and much more, that's how I felt. I could feel the butterflies flutter in my stomach. But I guess this was it as I heard someone shouting that the two boys had arrived. We had the broadcasting rights for quite some time but this was the first time our team had got this opportunity and therefore anyone could feel the excitement in the air. I had done quite a few post match shows with retired players but had never met the current team which is why we haven't met until now.