Fourteen

He was about to knock, seriously his hands were about to touch the wooden door yet it opened on its own before he could even do anything which cause him to quickly hid his hand behind his back.

You look so sleepy yet excited, but as soon as your beautiful (eye color) iris met his, he would never forget how their was a sudden flash of disappointment in those iris which as quickly replaced by shock.

Right, you're really surprised to see him in there instead of your knight.

Yet that doesn't ease the pain going on in his chest as he kept recalling how disappointed you look earlier as soon as you saw him. It felt like there was a little sharp object kept poking his heart.

He didn't even get to process what you were talking about but thank Goddess he manage to find the right answer to reply.

"It seems like you aren't inform but Elijah was called back into the Temple for some reasons, so I would be the one to protect and act as your guard for the mean time Priestess-nim"

Once again he didn't miss the sudden shift on your mood as soon as he said that, slightly looking stiff and uncomfortable as soon as he said that he would be the one to act as a guard for the mean time.

But not that he could blame you, after all its been a few years ever since both of you saw each other and either have you talked to each other.

He was pretty sure he would have forgotten about you if it aren't for the fact that the temple sent you here.

Nevertheless he talked, needing to break off the awkward silence between the two of you, he started to talk. Asking each other questions trying to ease off the awkward tension.

"It's (First name)(Last name), no need to call me by my title"

You said with a sigh as you bow, making his eyes widen as he was unable to say anything

Your name, it's been so long since your name roll of his tongue.

"I'll be in your care until my aide came back, I'm sorry in advance for the troubles that might come Sire"

That almost made him chuckle, nevertheless forcing swallow his chuckle he could only said his words with a smile

"Trouble huh?"

"That sure bring back some memories (First name)"

He end up chuckling, the feeling of nostalgia coming into him all of a sudden

It made him feel sentimental that almost cause him to stop as he suddenly look at you.

"And please call me Felix just like the old days shall we?"

He stated with a smile, gray iris meeting your (eye color) ones

But as soon as he said those words, once again, there was a flash of emotion on those beautiful eyes that cause his heart to drop.

So looking away from him, there was a small bitter smile on your face

"I'll think about it Sire"

There was never a moment that Felix questioned his decision back when he was eighteen. So he wonder why he was thinking about his decision back then right now seeing the way you act and talk around him.

So swallowing the sudden lump on his throat, he forced a smile on his face as he offer you a hand.

"Then shall we head out for your breakfast?"

"Sure"