My Personal Viewpoint on Science

The last while I've been continuing to write as I constantly mull over where to start this series of notes; where should I begin—and it finally hit me—

I should start with a disclaimer on my own viewpoint on science.

So here it is:

I was in a discussion with a friend the other day about our need for listening / kindness and the point that I was trying to make about the invisible rise of authoritarian regimes (and corporations' potential uses of science) emerging from seemingly nowhere within innocent populations and best intentioned peoples, was covered nicely on PBS on Firing Line with Margaret Hoover this week... (not so much related only to science and also not that this scrapbook itself is much about science or remotely about authoritarian regimes. It is, however, the point that got me started. And this is where I need to begin.)

The panelist from Venezuela was the best (fantastic / eloquent): speaking about how his people could only observe the boiling frog shift from democracy to where they are now, looking backwards over not so long a time... trying to understand how they didn't see 'it' coming and the probability that the whole world is under similar kinds of shifts to authoritarian global, should-we-say, 'way too much power' cliques?

I metaphysically believe that when choices or opinions are polarized with less than perfect agreement as to approaches or direction, that there will emerge somewhere more appropriate answers ... like a third path or solution...

Where there's conflict, the path is not yet the best one...

So where I see science as a path is: only a tool that is manipulated to the best of each agenda, nothing more, nothing less, and definitely not fact, just a statement of presentation about some aspect of thought on the spectrum of kaleidoscopic possible ways of demonstrating great or poor evidence for 'something-or-other-in-that-moment', ever changing, given our constantly limited human capacities, resources, knowledge and ethics...

Therefore, you should take note, I'm pretty flexible, knowing there are as many presentations and agendas in science and life, as there are moods of human hearts or lack of heart as sometimes the case may be... in those intentions. Every day and every person presents a different variation of science. It's just a tool... like a gun or like money or technology, and like so many things... that will be used by the holder of each moment.

All of this is wholly 'just us' working our way through process and thought.

And let that be my beginning disclaimer... These are my notes.

—/

I plan to write about the Gaviotas project next time and be sure to check out the Hope, Knowledge and a Plan Global Permaculture Summit happening now online on YouTube or vergepermaculture dot ca.