Rebuilding the Vision

Rebuilding the Village: Introduction

I've wanted to collect some pieces for this series for a very long time. Earlier community project start-up and news feed experience left some unwritten non-fiction books stuck in my head around 'place-making' and models for sustainable living.

I've already expressed some concerns in my earlier explanation, about why I decided to write eco-fantasy books. (You can find that in my fiction Worldbuiding notebook.)

This book now exists as my non-fiction scrapbook. And, since it's really a place for notes to myself, although you're welcome to join me, I'm just going to go ahead and ask my own questions here & see what comes out. What happens when I try to answer myself? Please nobody shoot me for just thinking out loud.

I've seen such inspiring work and models in my lifetime. What if they were all in one place? That's my main thought.

For now this is the place where I'll gather some example village neighbourhoods and thoughts that may go into the real work—by the end—my own living, building research collection of what really works for the future that I want to see and to live.

Thanks to the fabulous artwork of fearless @NattKuznetsov, the sections where I'll divide my notes, each have their own beautiful covers which you'll see appear one by one throughout the Table of Contents.

SINCERITY

REVERENCE

RIGHT LIVELIHOODS ~ RIGHT ACTION

INTENTION

EMPOWERMENT

CIRCLES

UNITY

MAPPING

JOURNEY

Should any collection of notes here later wish to burst into full book length, it can just go ahead and move out on it's own—to keep growing from there.

For now, I've chosen, EMPOWERMENT, for my main scrapbook cover (for obvious reasons—feels like my life—where I am 'directing' my own movie of sustainable futures) but in the end a more 'compiled' version will go under the stunning cover named, INTENTION, where we see our vision fully weathered and wise supporting nature just as it should, aloft and revered. This cover seems rather fitting, for now. Curious how you think of these choices for sections?

If you add this book to your reading list, you may see me updating a lot when I find new pictures, diagrams, research links and so on that I'm wanting to group. Maybe not at first, since there's a lot of work in the cue, but I'll no doubt occasionally upload from rich pockets of gems I uncover.

Please feel welcome to join me and mention any success stories, models and ideas you'd love to see in the grand envisioned sustainable future as it grows here online and out in the world—by contributing comments inline anywhere through the rest of these chapters or your thoughts in a message to inbox.

First question I'll be asking of me and myself: What DO I actually think it takes to rebuild our sustainable world?

Cheers from me, here,

≈ Wez

—/

And, if you missed the covers before posted via the fiction Worldbuilding book, here they are again:

≈≈≈

SINCERITY