003

Brooke stood in Price Slice as she bought dinner for Mia. She looked up to see Warren as he walked in. Brooke looked to him and glared. "What? Are you stalking me now?" She asked.

Warren smirked. "You wish princess. I need to talk to you. That little girl. I know she's mine. And I want to see her," he said.

Brooke rolled her eyes and looked at him. "She is not your daughter. So leave me alone. You can't prove anything so stay the hell away from me and from her. She's nothing to do with you," Brooke said as she walked off.

Brooke knew what Warren was like. She knew he wasn't going to stop. She knew he wasn't going to let it go. And that things weren't easy.

"You can deny it all you want Brooke. I know the truth. And I will be involved in her life," he told her. 

Brooke smirked and looked to him. "Will you? As you'll be in jail again. So there's no point. Besides, she's not your daughter. And if she was, you can't prove it as you're not on her birth certificate. So stay away," Brooke said as she walked off.

She was annoyed and she wasn't letting him near Mia.

****

Brooke got to Aimee's. She smiled as she saw Mia. "Mummy!" Mia squealed as she ran over to her.

Brooke picked her up and held her close. Aimee looked to her.  "Let me guess. You saw him again didn't you?" Aimee asked.

Brooke nodded. She sighed. "He knows that she's his. I denied it of course. But I can't forever. He wants to be in her life. I don't know what to think. It's a mess. And I just don't know," Brooke said.

Aimee smiled as she looked at her. "You're a good mum. You know what's best for Mia. And Warren? He doesn't have a foot to stand on. It'll be okay. You can make it work," Aimee told her.

Brooke smiled. Brooke knew how Aimee was trying to be there. But she knew how scared she was. She knew what she and Warren had was in the past. It scared her. She knew she what he was capable of.

Brooke didn't know if she could trust him in Mia's life. She was innocent and Warren was capable of a lot of things. And that scared her more than anything else.

Brooke knew there was nothing that she wouldn't do to protect Mia from Warren.

****

Brooke walked back to the Roscoe house. She watched as Mia walked off to play. She smiled as she saw Sandy who walked over to where she was. "Are you okay?" Sandy asked.

Brooke sighed. "I don't know how much longer I can keep it from Warren about her. How much longer I can keep her secret. It's hard... and it's just so hard. And I hate it," Brooke said.

Sandy looked to her daughter and smiled. "I know it's hard darling. I do.  But you're not alone. It's going to be okay. No matter what, we will protect her," Sandy said as Brooke smiled.

Wishing she was as hopeful as her mum.