surprise (requested)

Your heart began to race from the excitement you felt when you heard the announcement that the flight Florence is on had arrived.

She's been traveling around for work and plans on getting an Uber home because you told her that you wouldn't be able to pick her up because you were busy.

Of course, that wasn't true. You did plan on picking her up. You just wanted it to be a surprise!

You looked through the crowd of people as they continued to walk around the airport, preparing to board their flights or go home after landing from long flights.

You felt impatient and antsy. Florence has been gone for so long that it almost doesn't feel real.

You've talked and FaceTimed every night and every day but being face to face is completely different and so much more exciting.

You miss her like crazy and you're so happy that you don't have to be apart any longer.

You continued to look all around for her for another moment or two until, finally, you saw her face.

Your breath hitched and your heart was pounding. She looked so beautiful, as she always does.

But she looked especially breathtaking as she had no makeup on and she was dressed in only her sweats and her hoodie; so simple yet so stunning.

"Florence!" You yelled out and at the sound of her name being called, she looked away from her phone and to where she heard her name coming from.

She looked so shocked to see you standing there, to find that it was you calling out her name.

But she quickly began to grin from ear to ear as her eyes lit up. She ran to you and dropped her bags on the floor before throwing her arms around you.

"You're here!" She said as she spun you around. "I didn't expect you to be here! I thought you were busy."

"Oh, as if I'd ever be too busy to come and pick you up from the airport when you've been gone for several weeks!"

She giggled as she cupped your cheeks, her starry eyes locking with yours.

"I should've figured that out." She said before pushing her lips onto yours for a few passionate kisses. "I love you. I've missed you."

"I love and missed you too." You said as you pulled away, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I was just about to call for an Uber but guess I don't have to do that now my girl is here." She smiled and kissed you once more.

"I'm so happy you're home! Are you tired?"

"Me too and no, not at all." She said.

"Good. Let's go out for lunch. My treat."

"Sounds amazing." She said and pulled you in for a few more kisses before hugging you tightly and then letting you go.

You grabbed a couple of her bags and she grabbed the others and then took your hand into hers as you started walking out of the airport and to the car, sharing kisses and talking about whatever came to mind with every step that you took.