"Yeah... We would've died without having done a thing", Jean agreed pained.

"Jean...", Mikasa said in a whisper, like she couldn't believe it. After Armin, it was Jean's opinion and decisions she respected the most; and after everything you've been through, he had without a doubt earned that right. She knows he'd never say or agree to something if he didn't truly mean it. She didn't like the direction his mind seemed to be heading at the moment...

"There was a whole lot I wanted to tell that idiot, but... dammit!", Levi cursed strained; even the bandage wrapped tightly around parts of his face couldn't hide the conflicted expression he was wearing.

"I'm the same! I don't want to give up on Eren! But it's my fault that the captain can't even fight now!", Connie chimed in distressed. "What's more is that we're up against the Founding Titan here! Do you really think we'd be able to go easy on it?!". You cowered the more he spoke, the creeping realisation of what you'd have to do becoming clearer for each word. But it wasn't until Jean verbally said the words, that you felt your heart crack.

"Mikasa... We need to kill Eren", he struggled to keep himself composed, and he didn't dare look her way. She didn't answer, tears forming in her eyes as she stared straight ahead, the wheels in her head turning. Then she whipped her gaze over at you, seeking some sort of support, knowing you had been just as adamant on bringing Eren back alive from the get-go, as she had been. She was hoping you knew another way, hoping you silently sat on a piece of knowledge that could turn this hopeless situation around, but you looked at her pained. You didn't know any other solution. Your mind was completely blank as you've already tried every other option that made sense. She gasped lightly upon meeting your teary eyes, and you shied away from her burning gaze as you cowered in your huddled position even more. And with that her tiny speck of hope was gone.

"Mikasa! You just focus on saving Armin", Annie grabbed a hold of her collar to make sure she listened. She knew that Mikasa would zone out completely if all hope inside her is lost. She needs a purpose to go on, and luckily, Armin should be enough to keep her going for just a little longer. "You don't need to think about anything else, okay?", she then added reassuringly. Mikasa didn't say anything to this either, but her eyes weren't blank anymore at least. Now she just looked hurt.

"When Eren's head went flying...", Gabi started saying, claiming the attention of a confused Annie and Mikasa.

"What?"

"I shot Eren's head off with an anti-titan rifle right before he managed to touch mister Zeke. When I did, something jumped out of Eren's spine. It looked like a shining centipede or something, and it connected to Eren's head". The rest was now intently listening to what she was saying as well, and you realized you and Marco were really the only ones that had been close enough to see it happen with your own eyes.

"What? Gross", Annie said with a grimace.

"That's the Founding Titan.... No... If that's the true nature of the power of the titans, we might see it again if we decapitate him...", Gabi pondered, and sadly what she said made sense. This whole disaster started the second that thing shot out of Eren's body and connected itself to his head. Whatever that glowing spine was, it has to have something to do with the source of the Founding's powers.

Falco soared above Fort Salta before taking a massive U-turn, facing the direction of the rumbling once again. Just as he flapped his wings, moving forwards, you heard commotion coming from the fort, that had up until this point been completely silent. It sounded like various gunshots and faint cries.

"Huh? What was that?"

"They're still at each other's throats?!", Jean exclaimed baffled; To think they couldn't at least set aside their differences for one day- the day the world as they knew it was ending of all days- was beyond your comprehension.