Chapter 1

Jennie POV

I closed my eyes as I thought of how my fate kept playing the dirty game with my life without showing any mercy. At the point, I couldn't blame anyone but myself. I had no one left to blame. Life was taking sharp turns overnight without sparing me a second to take in what was going on and what I should do. I felt like losing myself which I hated the most. I thought I was strong enough to fight every obstacle coming in my way to reach the top of success. But all the time, I was so wrong.

My phone started to ring in my pocket. Sighing, I took my phone out to look at the caller ID. Unknown number. Was I surprised though? That wasn't a new thing to get calls from different people all around the world demanding their very own money which my father wasn't able to repay. I didn't have idea from where they used to get my number.

Receiving the call, I brought my phone to my ear. Before I could respond, someone from the other side started to growl.

"When are you going to give my money back? It's been more than 2 years. I won't take any of your fucking excuses this time."

Oh so he didn't know.

"I'm sorry sir. But it's Jennie Kim. My father is no more," I didn't know how to feel when the words left my mouth. Maybe because I never knew what it felt like to have a father.

"Oh. So that bastard decided to leave the earth this soon without giving my money back?" The Man growled as if nothing really happened. Now what was I even expecting from all-time-drunk people. The way he slurred, made it clear.

"You don't have to worry sir. I will give your money back. Just text me the amount." I knew I couldn't but I had to give back their money. No more flying from this country to that country to hide myself.

"Ehh.. do you have any idea how much he had to repay? $6,000!! I need my money as soon as possible or I'll keep adding more," saying that, he cut the call.

$6,000. I wrote down the amount in the list of the people who didn't get repaid in my notepad.

"Umm excuse me. Can I have a milkshake please? The regular one okay?" Someone asked me from behind.

I knew the voice. Turning around, I smiled at rose,the only friend of mine.

"Sure ma'am. You need anything else?" I asked teasingly.

"If only it's for free." She winked at me. I couldn't do anything but laugh. Whenever she came, she used to say the same thing to lit up my mind. She knew without her, I never had time to even smile.

"How much this time?" She asked,but now in a serious tone. I knew what she was talking about.

"$6,000," I sighed and looked down to prepare her order. The cafeteria today didn't look so crowded.

"How are you going to do all this Jennie? I mean really! Everything has limits! You know you can't pay anymore. You already do two jobs all day and night. You have to pay for your studies. And then every second day, some drunk assholes call you out of nowhere to pay your father's debt-" I cut her before she could continue anymore.

She already offered me to stay in her house,saying her house had so many rooms empty and I could use one. She was also ready to pay my full tuition fee but I denied her proposal. One of the things I hated the most was depending my life on someone else. So she helped me find two jobs and arranged a small godown for me to stay which her father owned but was of no use now. I was already very thankful to her and I didn't know how to repay her.

"Jennie please don't be stubborn-"

"I am not!" I said sternly.

But she continued. "-And I am not helping you. I am just finding you another job so that it would be easier to repay all the money!"

"You know very well that I can't do anymore jobs right? "I looked at her boringly. I barely got time to study after going back home from my work and here she was offering me another job?

"Exactly. You don't have to do any other job if you get this one." Her eyes shined with the little hope of me agreeing with her.

"What job you are talking about? If it's about stripping then sorry-" It was not like the job is bad or anything but I wasn't just comfortable with that.

"It's not about stripping in front of drunk men. You will work as a maid." She explained.

Do maids really get paid so much to repay this huge amount of money?

I was about to ask but she read my mind already.

"I know I know what you are thinking. Now listen. Jinyong works for a multi billionaire who leaves in a really big mansion. I heard he pays his maids a big amount of money. So I talked to Jinyong about you. And he said he will let me know if that multi millionaire guy needed anymore maid in his big mansion. If the answer is positive, then get ready for your new job! You will be free from this hell." Rose said, clapping both her hands excitedly.

I knew something was suspicious. So I asked, "Be honest Rose. You didn't force your cousin to give me that job, did you?" Her face dropped at my question. I knew it!

"Why Rose? Why forcing people for me? I said I didn't need any sympathy or pity from anyone! " I stomped my legs on the floor.

"This is not what you are thinking Jennie. You have to understand it. You badly need a job to repay all the debts right? So how about you do one job which pays you ten times more than your two jobs? You will be able to pay all debts and once you are done repaying, you can leave the job if you want okay? No forcing there." Her face wore worried expression. I knew she was worried for me. And her words were not wrong. Right now, the most important thing was repaying all the debts that my father left on my shoulder.

I had no other choice but to agree with her.

"But tell me who's that millionaire guy? Any CEO?" I asked as I handed her milkshake and focused on preparing the next order.

She screamed in joy, almost getting everyone's attention in the cafeteria but she cared less. She hugged me from over the counter. "Oh trust me you really don't wanna know about that guy," she said, pulling away from me.

I frowned. "Why? Am I not allowed to know?"

"Only if he wants you to." Rose said, winking at me with one of her devilish smiles. What was she up to?