seventy-one.

giving a chance

giving a chance

~~~~~

Peace.

It was something that the Morningstar family hadn't felt much of since the Mikaelsons blew into town with all their drama and their bullshit. Then their great uncle decides to throw his vindictive bullshit into the mix as well.

It was safe to say that they all had been very stressed and paranoid over those issues looming over their heads.

However, for the past few weeks since Michael had called Anastasia, there had been peace. Everything seemed silent and calm. The town of Mystic Falls and the dynamic that the family had had returned to how it had been about almost a year ago, the time before the Mikaelsons had come to town.

And because of this, the Morningstar children had taken advantage of that fact and had been spending more time with each other when their mom was running the school and taking care of the two youngest kids, Ivy and Silas.

~~~~~

Maverick, Ryder, Athena, Astrid, Josie, and Lizzie all sat in the park that they seemed to frequent. The two youngest were sitting on the swings, aimlessly swinging their feet back and forth as the swings slightly swayed from the light winds blowing around them. Athena and Astrid both were sitting on the ground, fiddling with the tan colored wood chips below them. Every now and then, one of them would throw a wood chip at the other. Ryder was sitting on the bottom of the stairs of the playground, his knees coming up to his mid chest since he was way too tall to be sitting on the lowest step. Maverick, the oldest out of the bunch, was sitting on a faded yellow duck that had a spring below it, making it teeter every time that he moved.

They all were engaged in a conversation, blissfully content with how their day had been going.

"So you two want to give Hope a chance to be your sister?" Lizzie questioned, clearly confused. Sure, she felt bad for Hope that her family, minus like half of them, treated her terribly recently, but Lizzie was worried that if Hope came into her sister's lives then they would end up liking the Mikaelsons more than they liked her. But nonetheless, she would support her two sisters either way.

"Yeah. I mean why not." Athena spoke up.

"As long as you all okay with it." Astrid then added in, throwing a wood chip at her elder twin sister.

All the other siblings looked at each other, before they looked back at the two red headed twins nodding.

~~~~~

Hope stared at her phone with mixed emotions as she sat in the Mikaelson house. She had returned home to give her father and her mother and the others a second chance.

But when she found out about what they did to Anastasia and the invasion of privacy, she began to detach herself away from her family again. Not wanting to associate with them until they learned that what they did was wrong and that they shouldn't have done it.

However, they still believed what they did was okay.

So when she got the message from Maverick saying to meet them at the park, she wasn't sure how to feel.

Why did they text her? Why did they want to meet with her? Did they want to get revenge for what her father did? Did they want to give her another chance?

Hope was utterly confused, but she still threw on a light jacket and slipped on her shoes. She then stuffed her phone in the back pocket of her jeans before she left the house, not even letting anyone know that she was leaving.

~~~~~

"You want to do what?" Hope stuttered out, stumbling over her own words.

"Give you a chance." Athena replied, making Hope's eyes widen ever so slightly as she tried to hide the shock that she was feeling.

"Look, we don't hold you responsible for the fact that we never had our biological father, your father, in our lives nor do any of us blame you for the fact that your dad cheated on our mom." Astrid began to explain, making Hope sigh in relief.

"So you know, if you want, we could give being sisters a go or something?" Athena then questioned her, fiddling with the wood chips beneath her, nervously.

"I-uh...sure." Hope responded, not knowing exactly what to say to them. She then received a message from her mom, telling her that she needed to know where she was. Hope sighed before replying to her mother. "Sorry, I have to go." She told them before she began to turn around and walk away.

"Hey Hope!" Maverick called after her, making her turn around. "You are always welcome to spend time with us or stay over with us, if you want." He offered.

Hope gave them all a small smile before she rushed home.

~~~~~

a/n: hello lovelies:) double update and this one is longer. 

my baby hope is going to be happy because she needs happiness in her life. they did her so dirty in the actual show. like why make her life so miserable and then when she goes to the salvatore school every hates on her for being distant and damage and shit. like how the hell would you feel if you went through the shit that she went through. 

also, i still can't get over the fact that josie burned the only picture she painted with her father. like i get it was by accident, but i don't think she even ever apologized completely for it.

on to updating either insanity plea or purity next. wish me luck!!

stay safe. love you so much<333