Prologue

Deep in a reddish cave, in the DMMO-RPPG Yggdrasil, there's a party of five players combating a giant barbarian. As two of the party members slice off the barbarian's legs, the third, who seems to be the leader, yells to the man-like-beast in the back.

Leader: "ICHIBAN FIRE!!!"

Ichibans hears his comrade's cry for help and begins to chant his spell.

Ichiban: "Abyss that burns below, lend me your blaze to strike down my enemy. [Neather Flare]"

As the chant comes to an end, a deep crimson ball of fire appears in front of Ichiban. He pushes his hand forward to launch the sphere of wild fire at the barbarian. The ball flies toward the barbarian's, swallowing him whole on contact. Once he disappears and explodes into a mountain of loot, the leader and the two who cut down the boss fall to their butt, in exhaustion. The healer runs forward to check on her wounded comrades, while Ichiban stands still in thought.

(Ichiban POV)

It's been two months since the DMMO-RPPG, Yggdrasil, was released. Ichiban has spent those two months learning the basics of the game and slowly growing accustomed to the world of virtual reality. He just used one of his strongest spells to defeat a boss with the friends he's made.

Ichiban: 'Since I've started playing Yggdrasil, I've noticed my real life skill with weapons still works hear. Although I can't use the techniques that work on or rely on the natural senses, I can still beat anyone in a fight, where neither party uses martial arts. That's why I became a magic caster. If I could become a master of magic and also use close-quarters-combat skill, I'd be unstoppable. There's just one problem with the latter. Unless I have a good weapon, I'll never contend with the top combat players. Finding a weapon isn't the problem; being able to use one is. Because I'm a magic caster, I can use weapons.'

Leader: "Nice job Ichiban"

Ichiban: "huh. Oh Thanks"

Ichiban: 'This boss was strong. Hopefully he dropped something that can help me with my dilemma.'

Party member 1: "HEY GUYS!!! Come check out what the boss dropped!"

The rest of the party runs over to where the barbarian once stood.

Party member 2: "What is it?"

Party member 1: "Its a world item called absolute omnipotence"

Leader: "Ichiban, Can you use your appraisal magic to see what it does?"

Ichiban: "Alright. [All Appraisal Magic Item]"

The description on the item appears in front of Ichiban, for everyone to see.

"[Absolute Omnipotence]: Allows the wearer to use any and all items, to their full capabilities."

All members of the party have a face of shock and excitement. All members except for Ichiban that is. An evil smurk is the only expression on his face.

Ichiban: 'This is exactly what I need. With this item, I can become the god of this game."

Leader: "This is great! We can use it to strengthen our team."

Party member 1: "Yeah. With this and the money, we can grow our team and become a guild!"

Party member 2: "I know there are world level bosses but I never expected to fight one or even aquire a world item from one. I can't wait to tell my girlfriend about this!"