Darling

Updated Version (2.5)

We've barely even made it back into Kocho's room before things pick up again. Kocho grabs the collar of my kimono, reaches the nearest wall, and shoves me against it. She instantly crushes our mouths together, kissing me in a way so different from the hot springs- before she was gentle and graceful but now, she's aggressive and dominant; and it's everything.

Kocho quickly spins me around, pushing me onto her bed. Without giving me even a moment to breathe, she grabs my hair at the roots, pulling me in for another flaming kiss. I reach my arms up to unbutton her uniform- Kocho stops kissing me for a moment and I wonder if I may have gotten the wrong idea- until she smirks, pulling off my kimono as well.

As Kocho straddles me- one of her knees on the mattress placed just between my legs- she brings her delicate hands to my throat. A small moan releases my lips as the woman kisses me harder, biting my lip. One hand still around my throat, she drops her other one down to my thigh. I feel my heart beat faster and faster, Kocho's hand caressing my inner thigh.

The woman's hips drop, pinning me completely to the mattress. I let out another moan as I feel her long fingers make their way inside of me. "Now that's a good girl," she smirks in between kisses.

Her grip on my throat tightens, her fingernails digging into my flesh. In return, I bring my hands up to her head, tugging at her long hair. God... is this what I've been missing all these years?

"Kocho Shinobu!" A hoarse voice calls out. We both freeze. "I have arrived with orders from Headquarters!" The fucking crow...!

Without saying a word to me, Kocho quickly slides her uniform on, without even replacing her hair back into the clip. I do the same, hastily slipping back into my purple kimono.

At last, Kocho asks, "Ready?" Her tone has shifted from sweet to one of strictly business. Though I suppose that's what happens when a talking bird interrupts you while having sex.

I reply, "As I'll ever be."

We exit her room and make our way down a long hallway, until we reach a nice sitting room with glass walls. There, is the girl, Kanao, and a crow. The crow says, "Insect Hashira Shinobu Kocho and demon (Y/N) (L/N)! Here are orders from Kagaya Ubuyashiki regarding your agreement!" The raven drops a small scroll on the ground before flying away through an open window. I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to that. I pick up the scroll and begin to read:

𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚜: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝
(𝚈/𝙽) (𝙻/𝙽)

𝟷. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚋 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝟸. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝙿𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛
𝟹. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍, 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜
𝟺. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚢 𝙴𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎
𝟻. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝, 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚌𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚖𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗

𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

I laugh when I reach the fifth rule. "I guess that means self defense is out of the question?"

Kocho sighs and replies, "It seems that way."

"So... now what?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

I shift in my seat. "Well, we got the pardon agreement and established the rules, so what do I do now?"

Kocho smiles, "I suppose now, you can do whatever you want- within the rules of the agreement, of course. Is there anything you've wanted to do?"

I think for a moment, pursing my lips. "I'm- I'm not sure. This is all so new to me, you know? One minute I'm on the run and the next I'm living with a Hashira- whatever that even means."

Kocho lets out a genuine laugh. "Hashira are the highest rank in the Demon Slayer Corps."

"Ah," I reply, "Makes sense- though, I do have another question."

"What's that?" Kocho asks.

"What's up with the blind dude? You know, the one with the beads-?"

I'm interrupted by the sound of Kocho's echoing laughter.

"What?" I laugh back, "I'm serious, how can he fight if he's blind?"

Kocho laughs for another minute, and then composed herself. "He uses his other senses," she explains, "When one sense is taken away, the others are heightened."

"I see..." I reply to her with a yawn. It's not that I'm disinterested- rather, I find the whole concept fascinating- but I think the day is finally catching up to me.

"You're tired," Kocho says, stating the obvious. "I was going to give you a sleeping draft, but it seems you won't be needing it."

I stand up and stretch, releasing another long yawn. "The same one you used on me in the forest?" I tease her.

She rises to her feet as well. "I had no choice. You had to be asleep for transportation to the headquarters, so it was either that or someone would render you unconscious by force."

"Hmm, delightful... say, I think I'm going to get some sleep..." I start to walk to my room, eyelids getting heavier by the second when I feel a hand grab my wrist.

I spin around, face to face with Kocho. I open my mouth to speak when she pulls me in for a quick kiss. My eyes widen as I scan the room for Kanao, but she must've already left. Something tells me the other Hashira wouldn't be too happy about this.

"Goodnight, darling," Kocho says with a smile.

"Goodnight..." I mumble contently. I take a few heavy steps down the hall, and then freeze. The words finally registered in my brain...

Did she just call me darling?