The Purple-Eyed Woman

Updated Version (2.5)

"No!" I shout at the small woman approaching me, an evil smile playing on her lips. "Please don't hurt me!"

"My, my," she says, "You sure have a lot to say." The woman takes another step closer, and you back up into a tree. Shit, I'm cornered!

The woman, now inches away from your face, giggles, "Well if you like talking so much, why don't you give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you, hmm?"

"Because!" I shout, scanning my brain for something- anything- I can say. By now, one of the woman's arms is pushed against my throat, preventing me from moving, while the other is tightly gripped around the hilt of her sword.

The woman lets out a small sigh and says, "Well I suppose if you can't come up with any reasons for me, I'll just have to kill you now."

The woman quickly pulls her sword out of its sheath and begins to swing- so fast it almost seems impossible!

"Wait!" I scream, pleading that she'll give me a chance to explain myself.

Much to my relief and surprise, she redirects her swing, so it hits to tree behind me, mere centimeters from my neck. "Ah!" the woman asks, "Are you finally ready to be a good girl and talk with me?"

15 minutes earlier...

"Damnit, that was a close one..." I mutter to myself from atop a tree, as a small group of people pass underneath me. It's not like I have to worry about them killing me; it's more like I don't want to bother with having to kill them. I've never killed anyone before, and I don't plan on starting now- or that's mostly true, anyways.

Once I'm sure the group of people has passed, I hop down from the tree and begin walking back to my shelter. Kicking a nearby stone, I mutter, "Why are so many people coming in the woods at night now, anyways? It's like they're asking to get killed!" It's true that there are other demons hiding out in this forest, but I stay away from them, and they stay away from me. Besides, they're the ballsy ones that try to stand up against the Demon Slayers. Me? I've made my life a lot easier by accepting defeat.

At last, I reach my small shelter; a tiny, abandoned hut [shown above], deep in the woods. In fact, being so deep in the woods is usually enough to deter any people, but occasionally, I still have to deal with a few; just like the group I passed not even ten minutes ago, who- judging by their conversation- were in the woods searching for "ancient artifacts." I chuckle. Humans can be so naive.

I walk in and close the door firmly shut behind me, making sure to attach the bell which would alert me of anyone opening the door.

I sigh as I examine my face in the cracked mirror hanging lopsidedly by the door. "Why do these fangs have to be so pointy?" I ask myself, prodding at them. A distant memory passes through my mind, of me running through the forest outside my old home. The memory of me tripping and falling and knocking one of my baby teeth out- how long ago that seems now.

A stick snaps in the distance outside, though I shrug it off. There's lots of animals in these woods, and hell, maybe it's yet another group of stupid humans walking themselves into a hungry demon's lap. But as another series of sticks snap, getting closer and closer to my hut, I feel my panic begin to rise.

It's okay, I tell myself, It's just some more people passing by... It's certainly not a Demon Slayer... they've already been through these woods earlier this week!

You see, people often think that demons have nothing to fear- but they're wrong. At least, they're wrong about me. I shake the fear out of my mind and sigh. That's right, the Demon Slayer Corps have already been through these woods not even a week ago for their routine searches. There's no reason for them to be back so soon, unless...