Chapter Three:

Jack's POV:

"Slow down would ya! I've tried to bust in here for years, i wanna good look!" I say to North.

"What do you mean, bust in?" North asks.

"Don't worry, never get past the yetis." I assure him.

"Oh hey Phil." I greet a yeti pointing to me and punching his hand.

"I always thought the elves made the toys." I say.

"We just let them believe that." He tells me. 

We passed an elf being electrocuted.

"Very nice." North says "Keep up good work."

We passed a yeti who was painting robots blue.

"I don't like it, paint it red." North says.

"What the-?" The yeti said then groaned when he saw the big pile of robots he already painted and smacked his head into the desk. I had to stifle a laugh. We enter Norths office and there are ice models of toys.

"Fruitcake?" North offers.

"Uh, no, thanks."

"Now we get down to attacks." North says cracking his knuckles.

"Attacks?"

Suddenly the door closes behind me and locks itself. North corners me against the wall.

"Who are you Jack Frost?" He says threateningly. "What is your center?"

"My center?"

"If Man in Moon chose you to be a guardian, you must have something very special inside. Hmmm."

North goes and picks up a russian doll.

"Here, this is how you see me, no? Very big, intimidating, but if you get to know me a little, well, go on."

I take off one layer.

"You are downright jolly?"

"But not, just, jolly! I am also mysterious; and fearless; and caring; and at my center..." He says as i take off layer after layer.

"There's a tiny wooden baby." I say.

"Look closer, what do you see."

"I-I, you have big eyes." I guess.

"Yes big eyes, very big, because they are full, of wonder, that is my center, it is what i was born with, eyes that have only seen the wonder, in everything. Eyes that see lights in trees, and magic in the air. Wonder is what I put into the world, and protect in children, it is what makes me a guardian, it is my center, what is yours?"

"I don't know." I feel almost ashamed. What is my center.